Buying a new backpack

PB Forum :: Beginners
Buying a new backpack
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 11:39 Quote
i wanna get a new back pack atm i have a high vis yellow running backpack but theres not pading so everytime i hit a lump my stuff slams into my back needless to this is isnt that gr8. i dont have a massive budget but was looking for someone with a trusted make. thanks

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 12:49 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
i wanna get a new back pack atm i have a high vis yellow running backpack but theres not pading so everytime i hit a lump my stuff slams into my back needless to this is isnt that gr8. i dont have a massive budget but was looking for someone with a trusted make. thanks

I have a Deuter race x and a Dakine Apex backpacks.

The race x is good manly for park, XC and road rides. Its very light but lacks a huge amount of space at 12l. There one main pocket and sleeve for a bladder up to 3l for longer all day rides. For the rain or dark it comes with a rain cover which is High Viz yellow. Sadly you have to buy a bladder for it.

The Apex is a huge rucksack you can take a meal, change of clothes and more. The space is 26l its more of all mountain bag. The spine has a plastic I really noticed it for around 1 hour first ride but after that it was fine. There is a helmet and armor strap holders. 3l bladder is an odd design but the bag has very well thought out tube lay out.

I will be buying from these companies once these ware out but nine months in and not a sign of ware on them. I don't think it will be soon.

Posted: Sep 27, 2013 at 13:18 Quote
sprite-bob wrote:
cannondalemale wrote:

I have a Deuter race x and a Dakine Apex backpacks.

The race x is good manly for park, XC and road rides. Its very light but lacks a huge amount of space at 12l. There one main pocket and sleeve for a bladder up to 3l for longer all day rides. For the rain or dark it comes with a rain cover which is High Viz yellow. Sadly you have to buy a bladder for it.

The Apex is a huge rucksack you can take a meal, change of clothes and more. The space is 26l its more of all mountain bag. The spine has a plastic I really noticed it for around 1 hour first ride but after that it was fine. There is a helmet and armor strap holders. 3l bladder is an odd design but the bag has very well thought out tube lay out.

I will be buying from these companies once these ware out but nine months in and not a sign of ware on them. I don't think it will be soon.

deuter race seems okay as only cycle xc

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008876
Mobile Version of Website