Posted: May 6, 2016 at 9:41 Quote
Kickaxe wrote:
ICAS wrote:
Wolfdog wrote:
ICAS how thin are those pedals?

What pedals? Razz

photo

I'm intrigued. Which are those?!

Those are HT ME03. I have the AE03, 12mm thick.

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 14:20 Quote
nakos wrote:
Has anyone replaced the DU bushings in the shock with needle bearings? Is there a noticeable difference between the two and what size will I need?

Going to be servicing my suspension soon so any help would be appreciated

no need, cause upper mounting has normal bearings in the link and lower mount doesn't use any bushings at all

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 16:13 Quote
RollinFoSho wrote:
Kickaxe wrote:
ICAS wrote:

What pedals? Razz

photo

I'm intrigued. Which are those?!

Those are HT ME03. I have the AE03, 12mm thick.

Nice, but a bit expensive, ey?

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 16:23 Quote
I also have AEO 3s

just the best pic to show the profile

$149ish

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 17:03 Quote
ICAS wrote:
I also have AEO 3s

just the best pic to show the profile

$149ish

Ah ok, I found me03's for almost 300 :o

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 20:38 Quote
Me0s are stupid light with titanium uryting

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 20:50 Quote
ICAS wrote:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://oi63.tinypic.com/opz9qs.jpg

The pedals in this photo ICAS, which are they and how thick are they? Much appreciated.!

Posted: May 6, 2016 at 21:56 Quote
Check out ICAS post 3 u4 up from this one Smile

They are HT AE03. 12mm

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 11:27 Quote
Hi there!

After googling (way too much!) information about the Trance SX and the Trance Advanced 2 I ended up here. I'm in need of advices regarding buying one of these bikes.

I have only been riding XC stuff, except from a couple of weeks in the Alps last summer, and now I'm searching for a bike that can handle rougher stuff (such as the Alps). I have been offered to buy a new Trance Advance 2 (2016) or new Trance SX (2015) for the same price but I'm not sure which one to choose. The SX has 1*11, Pike, AM wheels and a slacker head angle (when fork in 160). The Advance 2 is lighter and in carbon and I can always upgrade the fork and cassette later on.

Since I have a XC background I value light bikes. I definitely do not want the bike to feel heavy and that the climbs become a pain. I guess I am looking for a playful bike. My home area is pretty flat so I will not even need the 140 mm version BUT I'm planning on hopefully spending some months in New Zealand this upcoming winter and I want to have a bike that can handle rougher trails.

And how about geometry? The SX is longer but does it feel way burlier than the Advance (or regular Trance)?

I know it might be a stupid idea to try to combine an XC bike with an enduro machine som bring me all advices you have!

Another bike I've been recommended is the Canyon Spectral 7.0 ex
https://www.canyon.com/en/mtb/spectral/2016/spectral-al-7-0-ex.html

Any thoughts?
Less weight than the Trance SX and pretty similar specs.

Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 7, 2016 at 21:52 Quote
Linnh wrote:
Hi there!

After googling (way too much!) information about the Trance SX and the Trance Advanced 2 I ended up here. I'm in need of advices regarding buying one of these bikes.

I have only been riding XC stuff, except from a couple of weeks in the Alps last summer, and now I'm searching for a bike that can handle rougher stuff (such as the Alps). I have been offered to buy a new Trance Advance 2 (2016) or new Trance SX (2015) for the same price but I'm not sure which one to choose. The SX has 1*11, Pike, AM wheels and a slacker head angle (when fork in 160). The Advance 2 is lighter and in carbon and I can always upgrade the fork and cassette later on.

Since I have a XC background I value light bikes. I definitely do not want the bike to feel heavy and that the climbs become a pain. I guess I am looking for a playful bike. My home area is pretty flat so I will not even need the 140 mm version BUT I'm planning on hopefully spending some months in New Zealand this upcoming winter and I want to have a bike that can handle rougher trails.

And how about geometry? The SX is longer but does it feel way burlier than the Advance (or regular Trance)?

I know it might be a stupid idea to try to combine an XC bike with an enduro machine som bring me all advices you have!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sounds like you answered your own question... Go for the trance advanced and if you find yourself more in love with gnarly descents then upgrade it later on. A lot of the crew on here have put bigger forks and shocks on their trances so all the info for doing that is right here. My alloy trance rides all day long, it loves it. You won't be disappointed.

Posted: May 8, 2016 at 0:19 Quote
PashtetOd wrote:
nakos wrote:
Has anyone replaced the DU bushings in the shock with needle bearings? Is there a noticeable difference between the two and what size will I need?

Going to be servicing my suspension soon so any help would be appreciated

no need, cause upper mounting has normal bearings in the link and lower mount doesn't use any bushings at all

I've asked the same question few weeks ago, nobody responded. Your respond about the bearings in the links does not make much sense to me. The DU bush system still has to do his job and move like a bearing would. The needle bearing kit, IMO, would be a great upgrade, but haven't tried it. What scares me is frame play. Unless it fits absolutely perfectly it will have play.

Posted: May 10, 2016 at 12:23 Quote
Linnh wrote:
Hi there!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hi!
I had a Canyon Spectral Ex8.0 2015, after trying a giant Trance I sold the spectral and bought a Trance. It is more playful and has a better rear suspension in my opinion.
I would go for the Trance Advanced and upgrade to a longer fork later if needed, especially since you want a light bike. If you are not absolute trashing downhill the wheels will be fine, maybe needs a tire change for gnarlier stuff.
Cheers

O+
Posted: May 10, 2016 at 21:42 Quote
Hey guys I want to talk brakes. I have the deore brakes on my 2015 trance 2 I think it's 160 rear 180 front. They just aren't cutting the mustard on the really steep stuff, everywhere else they are fine if not just the same as my mates with XT. So, has anybody put larger/better brakes on and found it helped?

Yes I should just "let them go" but this stuff is where Sam Hill practices and its nasty! I make a mistake and try stop the bike to regain my balance on a 'flat bit' but at full lock back and front it keeps rolling, I get scared then fall off haha.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014373
Mobile Version of Website