Laser eye surgery/cycling

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Laser eye surgery/cycling
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2013 at 6:00 Quote
ive been wearing glasses for the past 16 years and considering getting laser surgery does anyone know if this will effect cycling in anyway.

Posted: Oct 7, 2013 at 16:21 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
ive been wearing glasses for the past 16 years and considering getting laser surgery does anyone know if this will effect cycling in anyway.

Depends on the individual. May take some getting used to at first but you should be completely back to normal within a few weeks to a month. My cousin is obsessed with bikes, works at Trek, and said that getting laser eye surgery was one of the best decisions he ever made.

In the long term, you should only see benefits.

Posted: Oct 7, 2013 at 17:32 Quote
ive been looking into to it for a while as i was planning on getting my teeth fixed at the same time.

my front is broken and i keep getting it filled and it keeps breaking so i was considering getting it removed and replaced privately or fixed"properly privately" cost alot thou.

on the subject of eye surgery i've read and heard a few mix reviews and not sure my eyes are getting worse almost yearly now and im 24 now and they say that after 45 years of age your eyes start to natually go down hill and theres nothing i could really do. even if this first if the first lot of surgery is works i could need it re doing in as little a few years depending on the degeneration rate and genetics. if it goes wrong i could loose my vision altogether or only make things worse also to fix my eyes and teeth it would around £3k currently .

it seems like a gr8 idea but im unsure if its a sound investment atmBlank Stare

on the other hand no glasses no fumbling around at night.

also im having problem's with glare and cycling atm.
does anywhere do prescription cycling/sunglasses as i looked in my local shop and they were all a bit crap if they do how much would they how reliable are they and general feedback would be gr8 thanks

Posted: Oct 7, 2013 at 18:19 Quote
oops. meant to say..
Maybe its different in your area but I've heard nothing but good things.

Posted: Oct 24, 2013 at 7:07 Quote
cannondalemale wrote:
?
Maybe the success rates are lower in your area. I have literally heard 100% positive feedback.

Posted: Nov 17, 2013 at 12:52 Quote
I just had PRK this last June and I love that I can see 20/15 again without glasses. Yes It did take a little while to get used to the difference. I went to a local downhill park about a month after the surgery and that was a very bad mistake. I was unable to judge distances quickly. Since I had the PRK done the healing time is longer and I'm just now getting back to riding downhill/freeride courses again without the bad judging distances part. Overall I would do it again if I had to. I can now wear any sunglasses or goggles I want and not have to worry about contacts. Another thing is Lasik is cheaper but I do not recommend it if you plan on doing anything that might knock the incision loose as it will never heal completely and can open up years later.

Posted: Dec 23, 2013 at 0:27 Quote
I had lasek. Totally worth It.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009297
Mobile Version of Website