Concise Lyrik cartridge listing

PB Forum :: SRAM
Concise Lyrik cartridge listing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 18, 2013 at 8:53 Quote
Hey all,

I've spent several months looking for info on which compression and rebound dampers come in each spec of the Lyrik. I feel like I've got a decently close idea, so I thought it would be helpful to build a listing of which carts come in which specs, since upgrading carts is such a common upgrade for these forks. Also, hopefully those with better knowledge than mine can help correct any deficiencies (especially in older forks) in my information.

RC2DH, all years:
Compression: Mission control DH
Rebound: Dual Flow

RC2L, all years:
Compression: Motion control w/ lockout
Rebound: Dual Flow

RC, all years:
Compression: Basic compression(Single Knob)
Rebound: Basic (Non-Dual Flow)

R, all years:
Compression:None
Rebound: Basic (Non-Dual Flow)

It would also be nice if we could add a guide to how to tell the dampers (especially rebound) apart.

Thanks for any help completing this!

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 12:28 Quote
have you been able to figure out a way to physically identify the differences between the dual flow and non?

i have an rc2l and have bought the rc2dh rebound cartridge and they both look the same

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 11:42 Quote
novajustin wrote:
have you been able to figure out a way to physically identify the differences between the dual flow and non?

i have an rc2l and have bought the rc2dh rebound cartridge and they both look the same

You've got me beat in actualy visibly seeing it, as I haven't seen the dual flow. I'd heard that they're different lengths though, which is why you have to replace the rebound at the same time as the compression, otherwise, they'll hit each other inside the fork leg.

I've had mine apart, but it's only a RC.

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 12:35 Quote
Well I've been running the DH compression cartridge for a while now with no issues of anything hitting. Going to swap out the rebound cartridge tonight. I'll inspect them closer.

Thanks

Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 14:22 Quote
novajustin wrote:
Well I've been running the DH compression cartridge for a while now with no issues of anything hitting. Going to swap out the rebound cartridge tonight. I'll inspect them closer.

Thanks

interesting, as I'm far more interested in the compression upgrade. let me know what you find.

edit: this parts list shows on page 53(in frustrating light grayscale) diagrams of the parts, I can't tell if there's a slight height difference between the two rebound cartridges or not, though they do seem to differ at the head.

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/_vsHOKraQvVdZbP1gLbC3gOoYniUOjbJv1kegx6C93w/mtime:1383143110/sites/default/files/techdocs/2014_rockshox_spc_rev_a_0.pdf

The next page, that lists the description of each part, suggests that you can run any cartridge in any model, so it seems like there should be no problems. Maybe I'll be buying a DH compression damper...

O+
Posted: Jul 2, 2014 at 20:07 Quote
Yeah I saw that too. I believe they are the same length, just different piston styles. A flat piston vs a stepped piston. The rebound cart I pulled out of my RC2L just now has the same stepped head as the DH rebound cartridge. So I would say the RC2Ls already have the dual flow installed. I went ahead and replaced it anyway because I believe my rebound cart was having some issues. Could never really feel any adjustments. Full slow felt just about the same as full fast.

Posted: Jul 3, 2014 at 7:13 Quote
Cool, I updated the chart.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009663
Mobile Version of Website