Solo Trail building, help

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Solo Trail building, help
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2013 at 17:34 Quote
Hey man good luck building! Me and a few friends started a trail and we got about 100 feet in, and someone came and wrecked it. It was a bummer, although it wasn't hidden and it isn't our land so whatever not really a surprise. Make sure to get permission from the landowners, or just dont get caught haha

Posted: Nov 19, 2013 at 17:40 Quote
I recommend googling "how to build mountain bike trails" and reading everything you can. You need to think about sustainability as well as fun.

Also, go on google earth and look at the area where you are building on the satellite map. Make sure you aren't going to run into something... such as a house, power plant, electrical place, etc. etc. Also, if you are going to end up very close to people's houses, be careful.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
Good luck Michael, We have spent 3/4 of a year every weekend and we are still not done on a mile and 1/2 trail. This is with 4 people and have had more people help along the way. This process takes alot of time and energy. Map it out and set little goals. Before you know it you will have some one helping you out . Build it right the 1st time.

Posted: Dec 11, 2013 at 9:40 Quote
Hey man I have the same postion your in except my friends are just lazy. Where do live in canada because if you live in Mississauga I would be glad to help you with building in spring.

Posted: Dec 15, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
I live on the east coast, down in NS.

O+
Posted: Jan 7, 2014 at 18:12 Quote
yo noticed you reviewed cyclepath mississauga. i live pretty close to it, if you're still building in the spring I might help out

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
can i recommend you purchase a MATTOCK (i think thats how u spell it). they are about £20 from B & Q (or im sure wallmart has them) and they are INVALUABLE. they speed up trail digging ten fold. nothing stops them, they make light work of roots, can leaver rocks and the dirt pats like the red sea for them.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 10:19 Quote
leblank wrote:
Yesturday I found an ATV trail near the back of my subdivision that leads into the wood. A few minutes in to that trail I found a sweet spot to start building a single track/trail, so today I did.
The spot itself is almost field-ish with only a slight gradient (still trying to make a DH trail though) and after about 50 feet it turns into semi-dense woods.

Long story short, I am only 14 years old and working solo (all my friend are busy with scheduled sports I.E hockey)
and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on the trail itself. So far I have 40 feet of trail (1 foot wide) which mostly consists of a rhythm section (3 pumps, each about 1-2 feet wide).
The tools i currently have: Shovel, Spade, Hoe, Rake, Axe (no pickaxe Frown )
I'll be uploading some pictures tommorow, and hopefully will have a lot more progress aswell.

Well that's about all i have to say, But as far as progress goes, I have started a blog. Any feedback/Ideas is appreciated.

Cheers Big Grin
cool mike

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014772
Mobile Version of Website