Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Dec 23, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
No, the drop offs have been lowered to 125 from 170 and the dj runs at 100.

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 5:29 Quote
How can I lower my 2012 4x to 80mm? Smile

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 7:30 Quote
Is it the one with a 15mm axle?

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 8:37 Quote
On page 131 there is an exploded view of my 2011 4X/WC. If your 2012 is anything like it then all you have to do is add a spacer on the rod labled "A"(right side of pic), under the spring. But you must be confident in taking it appart and addin the correct oil back in after lowering it.

ed: heres the photo
Marz 4x wc exploded 2011 view. 2010 2011.

Posted: Dec 24, 2013 at 15:11 Quote
hi guys, so im looking into my e-bike build im doing and no im not going to be running drop-off's like in the pic, i just need to know if someone can find out these 3 dimensions for me on a marzocchi 20mm lower?

does anybody know these 3 dimensions dont currently own 20mm marzocchi lowers so need to know if i can cram a surly nate tyre in there thanks

Thanks guys Salute

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 at 4:42 Quote
mn09js wrote:
Anyone lowered the 2013 55 CR from 170 to 150 with the supplied spacer? No vids or instructions anywhere yet. Cheers

UPDATE:
2013 55CR Internal spacer swap 170 down to 150

Tools;
5mm Allen
Flat blade Screwdriver
Sirclip pliers
Vice w/Soft clamp faws or a Slide hammer
Rubber Mallet

Remove the silver/grey top cap, release the air from the chamber.
Undo the 5mm bolt in the bottom of the same leg. Have a small pot ready to collect the oil.
Using a the screwdriver, pry off the rebound adjust dial on the bottom of the other leg.
Remove this bolt also.
The lowers should now slide off the stanchions.
In the riders left hand stanchion is a circlip, remove this and the negative spring assembliy will come out. You may need to hold the pin inside the schrader valve down to slide this out.
One end of the spring is attached to a black bit underneath the white plunger. It is the other end we are interested in. slide the alloy cup, the circlip, and the foam ring up to the spring and use either the slide hammer or a vice and soft jaws to remove the allow top hat off the end of the rod.
Remove the alloy cup, circlip and foam ring, remember the order!
Using the flat blade screw driver, gentley remove the black spacer from the bottom of the spring. Replace this with the spacer supplied. Alternativley, just add your own spacer underneath it.
Replace the parts on the rod, and using the rubber mallet, gently attach the alloy tophat piece on the end of the rod.
Reassemble using the oil you captured. Oil levels are available on the Marzocchi website if you spill some.
Hope this helps!

Hi,

i have a new unridden 2014 55 CR and just installed the spacer to lower it from 170 to 150mm.
i have added the spacer as per above instructions.
It is quite easy to do indeed.
One thing though, with the spacer installed, the fork produces a very annoying "knocking" sound at two positions:
-when being compressed, the knock appears around approx 40mm of inwards travel,
-when being extended, the knock appears at the same position, but then with a more noise.

i think this position is the point where the negative spring more or less makes or loses contact when being compresses / extended.

Anybody has some ideas how to get rid of this sound?

oil top up?
i also read stories about installing the spacer between the neg srping and the white air piston, instead of at the bottom of the negative spring.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 0:49 Quote
Hi,

I have the exact same problem with my new 2014 55CR after lowering it to 150mm.
Although I cannot notice the knock when riding it's quite annoying knowing it's there.

allthatlays, have you found a solution yet?

Another issue I'm having is the amount of rebound. I've changed from Marz's specced 7.5wt oil to a 10wt, but I still have to run the rebound at max where it feels just about right. (maybe still slightly on the fast side). I've made sure the damper cartridge is bled thoroughly, could I be missing something else...?

allthatlays, have you found your rebound adjustment range to be sufficient?

Cheers

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 7:24 Quote
You need a heavier weight oil. The noise may be that you need a firmer top out spring.

Posted: Feb 6, 2014 at 8:22 Quote
It's likely the top out spring tapping the the stantion

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 7:28 Quote
Yes, i found the solution,

the lowering spacer needs to be on top of the negativ spring, not underneath it.
This reduced the sound a lot.
When riding, its gone,

Cheers!

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 12:32 Quote
2007 z1 sport , successfully lowered it using the guide in here quite loosely , lowered to 75mm ,

what's the max psi though ?

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 12:52 Quote
Max psi will be stated on marzocchi's website, go to the tech area

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 13:12 Quote
Cant read it properly on my phone .

Posted: Feb 25, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
Wait till you get on a computer then.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.026187
Mobile Version of Website