Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi Lowering Thread. First Post Tells You How.
Posted: Mar 16, 2014 at 21:48 Quote
Ok anyway thanks for the tip. I will see what i can do.

Posted: Mar 22, 2014 at 12:27 Quote
Sorry for being off topic but i have marzocchi bomber 44tst2 (2009) and am interested in raising them as said in the first post. I have herd there is a "shim stack mod" for the tst2 cartridge and wontered if anyone could point me in the right direction and if any known uk shim suppliers?

Posted: Jun 11, 2014 at 3:03 Quote
Hi Guys check out my website MtbDiyShed.com (Chatroom for DIYers, Videos, Forum and more) Follow us on twitter.

The place to come to for DIY information and to share your advice.

Please leave your feedback/sugessiotns

Mod
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 15:14 Quote
JacquesGeere wrote:
Hi Guys check out my website MtbDiyShed.com (Chatroom for DIYers, Videos, Forum and more) Follow us on twitter.

The place to come to for DIY information and to share your advice.

Please leave your feedback/sugessiotns

Kinda spamming, kinda off topic...but also kinda great. Well put together resource...have added to my bookmarks.

I'm wondering if this would be worth adding to the O.P of the quick question thread.

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 12:31 Quote
Does anyone know where I can find an exploded diagram for 2007 MZ 4X WC forks? Just bought a f***ed set and have set about re-doing them and lowering them from 110mm to 100mm travel.

Cheers!

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 15:20 Quote
When you say f*cked, how are they f*cked? Just needing seals and oil or broken parts(doubtful ) f*cked?

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 22:38 Quote
Oh yeah just need new seals and oil and a nice lick of paint.

The internals are all there and working

Posted: Jun 16, 2014 at 22:41 Quote
just lay everything out in the order you took it off in. theres not much to f*ck up. just be sure you dotn damage the oil seal seats.

Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 7:10 Quote
justjake wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find an exploded diagram for 2007 MZ 4X WC forks? Just bought a f***ed set and have set about re-doing them and lowering them from 110mm to 100mm travel.

Cheers!

You really don't need diagrams, just remove all air and turn every dial to minimum, undo nuts at base of fork legs and remove the internals by unscrewing top caps, the whole internals come out as one, then the lowers are free, seals come off easily with a bit of soap, then paint and reassemble with new seals and oil. Simple

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 10:27 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
justjake wrote:

Cheers!

You really don't need diagrams, just remove all air and turn every dial to minimum, undo nuts at base of fork legs and remove the internals by unscrewing top caps, the whole internals come out as one, then the lowers are free, seals come off easily with a bit of soap, then paint and reassemble with new seals and oil. Simple

But how, if you can, do you lower them? They don't seem as straight forward as I would have imagined...

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 10:40 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
justjake wrote:

Cheers!

But how, if you can, do you lower them? They don't seem as straight forward as I would have imagined...

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
justjake wrote:
rAtty-c wrote:
justjake wrote:

Cheers!

You need a 10mm spacer to lower them, an old handlebar can be cut down to do the trick, I think there's a link on page 1 of the thread that has the diagram for doing so

Posted: Jun 30, 2014 at 13:59 Quote
So i got another 2011 4X/WC fork and since i need it at 80mm i lowered it. Heres a how to on this fork. Its super easy. First take the air out of the right leg.
remove the top cap on the left side. drain oil.
loosen allen bolt on bottom of left leg. turn it about 4 full turns then tap to loosen.
remove allen bolt all the way. turn fork over and negative spring and rod should come out.
I eleced to place a 24mm spacer because i run high air and it causes the a2c to be a little longer. I put the spacer on top of the rod because my spacer fits perfect in the cut out for the rod to sit. replace rod and negative spring. line up the holes for the rod so the allen bolt will fit in and tighten. use long screw driver or even a 3/8" extension to push on the negative spring rod and hold so the allen will screw in and tighten. replace the oil you took out(maybe 40-50cc) replace top cap with a top cap from a DJ1 and you have more air assist.
Heres some pics.
With out spacer installed.
Unlowered
With spacer installed.
Lowering
Lowered, with out air in spring chamber so it sits at like 60mm.
Lowered

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 4:06 Quote
Is it possible to lower the 55 cr's to about 120-130mm? It didn't even occur to me that this might be an issue until I read something on another forum

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 4:26 Quote
dusse123 wrote:
Is it possible to lower the 55 cr's to about 120-130mm? It didn't even occur to me that this might be an issue until I read something on another forum

Is this the 2014? If so I'm pretty certain you can, his name alludes me at the moment but a guy on 26" street thread has his at 80 or 100. Pretty sure it's the CR and not the R.

Although I can't see any issues arising from doing so other than maybe minor dampening issues.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.101108
Mobile Version of Website