Specialized Rockhopper

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized Rockhopper
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 22, 2013 at 23:10 Quote
Hey guys

I started mtn biking 3 years ago and am hooked. I have a specialized rockhopper 29er. Suntour fork and hydraulic disc brakes. I've had a blast with it, but I am sort of ready to ride something better. Would ya'll recommend installing some newer, better, components, or just getting rid of it and getting a more expensive bike?

Thanks

Posted: Mar 8, 2014 at 6:34 Quote
ptbama7 wrote:
Hey guys

I started mtn biking 3 years ago and am hooked. I have a specialized rockhopper 29er. Suntour fork and hydraulic disc brakes. I've had a blast with it, but I am sort of ready to ride something better. Would ya'll recommend installing some newer, better, components, or just getting rid of it and getting a more expensive bike?

Thanks

Hey,

I started off with a Rockhopper Comp 29er as well. I live on Long Island where the trails aren't as tremendous as the videos you see on the site. I did a lot of upgrades on the bike, and I am satisfied with it so far. I would say depending on the type of riding you do, would determine if a newer more advanced bike would suit your need to step your abilities up. For me and the riding I do, various part upgrades did the trick.

Best of luck,

AJG

Posted: Mar 19, 2014 at 0:11 Quote
about 5 years ago i have a rockhopper until i broke the suntour forks which are usless, so if you are upgrading start with the forks,

but i just bought a specialized stump-jumper and i have no regrets, i still ride it to this day, it's the most versatile bike ever, i have done 6ft drop offs and 7m jumps, it's perfect

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009026
Mobile Version of Website