2014 marzocchi 888 RC3

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
2014 marzocchi 888 RC3
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 28, 2013 at 11:23 Quote
Hello all

just wondering what peoples thought are on the new Marzocchi 888 RC3, are they like the rubbish that's been coming out of the factory for last few years or have they stepped there game back up again ?
Reason being I want some new Triple clamps now, I have these new 888s in mind and also the rock shox boxxer r2c2
unsure what to go for the trusty Boxxers or the new kid on the block 888 ?

helppp

Posted: Jan 3, 2014 at 0:21 Quote
888 all the way. I've owned several the past few years and have had zero problems. Rebuilding them is a breeze, but the boxxer's have a closed bath system that will be a nightmare to rebuild and parts are very pricy.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
masonstevens wrote:
888 all the way. I've owned several the past few years and have had zero problems. Rebuilding them is a breeze, but the boxxer's have a closed bath system that will be a nightmare to rebuild and parts are very pricy.

do you know how to install a spring seat in the 2013 rc3 v2 ti? so i can put a stiffer spring in.

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 at 23:38 Quote
I have an 09, and the internals are the same. But I haven't rebuilt mine yet. They were professionally rebuilt just before i bought them last summer. So I'm not sure. Watch some YouTube videos, I've seen plenty of really good ones.
The internals are fairly simple, you could probably figure it out easily. Get the tech docs to help you out just in case. If your rebuild goes awry, call Matt Brown at Marzocchi, he'll be able to answer any questions you have.
But what do you mean by spring seat?

Posted: Feb 1, 2014 at 4:56 Quote
to install a steel spring in a newer ti fork you need to add a new spring seat, but i cant find any info on this except for the sites that sell the springs themselves

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 4:41 Quote
Iv got the 2014 cr 888 unbelievable fork until I lost rebound due to the crap plastic knob that adjusts it ! I bought them second hand the guy was having a baby so got them at a steal ! Brand new 1 ride ! Gutted now tf advised wind wave for warranty witch they told me can't be honerd .now seem I'm having to send em of and looking costly works out buying them new would have been easyer and Cheeper !

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 4:42 Quote
Ohh and there topping out !

Iv got a set of 2002 dj s that are working plusher lol

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 0:49 Quote
Rubarb had the exact same problem with my 888 cr..bought them new in chainreaction cycles..they fixed the first pair then the same thing happened,they then gave me an brand new set as they thought it could have been a dodgy set..same thing happened again first ride out..brought them back and they replaced them with the 888 rc3 and havent had a problem yet..def spend the extra and buy the rc3. How much is it gonna cost to fix the rebound?

Posted: Aug 13, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
RuairiFR wrote:
Rubarb had the exact same problem with my 888 cr..bought them new in chainreaction cycles..they fixed the first pair then the same thing happened,they then gave me an brand new set as they thought it could have been a dodgy set..same thing happened again first ride out..brought them back and they replaced them with the 888 rc3 and havent had a problem yet..def spend the extra and buy the rc3. How much is it gonna cost to fix the rebound?
Is it the red adjuster on the bottom of the leg? Is that the plastic part? Or is it something else internal? I'm considering this fork you see..and it looks great for my needs! Plastic parts sounds worrying.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 1:39 Quote
Could you explain the failure in detail, was it after an impact on the knob or something ?

I ride the same fork and no problem so far but its true that this red knob feel cheap and will not take a rock hit

I think that I will go for a third party cartridge like avalanche or so if the damper side fails

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 6:59 Quote
Had them sent of to wind wave they have told me this ( found lower part of the compression unit to be unbonded ) they have fixed the problem serviced and they sent them back 2 days later no charge at all !

Posted: Aug 19, 2014 at 7:02 Quote
The forks are running so well now better than first bought hope it stays that way ! And benji iv you get the avalanche cartridge please let me no iv it's worth it for the money

Posted: Aug 25, 2014 at 4:23 Quote
Regarding my cartrige No problem so far after 1 weeks in the alps,

crconception makes also compatible cartrige that looks interessting I will advise if I try this solution

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009735
Mobile Version of Website