Got my new Ticket S! Need suggestion on build.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Got my new Ticket S! Need suggestion on build.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 21:56 Quote
What's up friends of Pinkbike! Well my dad has received my new Ticket S frame! So now comes the tedious task of planning out the build. I love the all black look of the frame which makes me want to go with a completely murdered out look. By going with a fox 32 float fork, Dt swiss wheels (maybe) and all black components, But I'm afraid it will just become washed out if I do that.

My other option is going with green accents, like the neon green RS argyle and NS enigma green wheels. Green grips, chainring etc. I'm just worried about it not matching perfectly and looking Tacky.

Another internal dispute I'm having with myself would be the Float vs. Argyle RCT fork. The fox is over a pound lighter, but I cant get that at cost. Anyone ridden both that can suggest one over the other?

I plan on racing a lot more 4x this year which is what the bike will be used for, along with the usual dirt jump sessions. So if I go with the all black look the bike will be significantly lighter because of the components I would use.

Just an internal battle I'm having in my head right now! Any opinions or input on this would be much appreciated!

Anyways here are the pics!

2014 Ticket S fresh outa the box
  2014 Ticket S, fresh outa the box!

2014 Trek Ticket S
  2014 Trek Ticket S

2014 Trek Ticket S frame weight 7 pounds 4 ounces with shock and rear axle
  2014 Trek Ticket S frame weight, 7 pounds 4 ounces (with shock and rear axle)

Posted: Feb 19, 2014 at 22:08 Quote
Component set > Color

Get the fox and do some anodized bits like hubs, stem, chainring, and so on with black everything else...

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 19:20 Quote
Purple or red theme would be sick with black, and I would go rct because there still lite

Posted: Feb 20, 2014 at 21:42 Quote
If I had the cash I would buy a full saint gruppo
So it is all tied together and a fox 831 34
With matt black bars and stem and maby e13 trs wheels and black Chris king hubs

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 at 0:28 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Component set > Color

Get the fox and do some anodized bits like hubs, stem, chainring, and so on with black everything else...

I'm leaning towards this idea because of the weight savings. The problem is it's gonna cost a few extra pennies.

Rockshox32 wrote:
Purple or red theme would be sick with black, and I would go rct because there still lite

I actually looked into doing purple because I've always liked that idea. I just want the wheels to match all the other accents and I don't know of any purple wheels?

coco1313 wrote:
If I had the cash I would buy a full saint gruppo
So it is all tied together and a fox 831 34
With matt black bars and stem and maby e13 trs wheels and black Chris king hubs

I've got a little money, but I'm trying to balance this build with upgrading my session which is hogging some money too. So I'd like to do a full Saint group as I'm a shimano fan, but I might downgrade to the zee just cause it's cheaper.
The trs wheels would look amazing, just are a bit too expensive and impractical for me. I'm definitely leaning towards the fox fork though.

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 at 12:39 Quote
good call zee is also good stuff i got zee cranks for my dirt jumpr

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 at 12:46 Quote
Um, yeah. You are from Iowa City. There is only one answer here. YELLOW!! Hawkeye pride!!!

Here's mine I built up during the crap ass snow season.
Well i am a tard and uploaded the wrong pic second time. Sowryz.

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 at 12:51 Quote
Bars are now ENVE, white pedals and grey derailler. Fork is gone and waiting on new one. Sorry to thread jack!!

Posted: Feb 21, 2014 at 21:58 Quote
subscribed.

+1 on the hawkeye color idea. sioux city raised over here, now in omaha.

good luck with the build.

Posted: Feb 23, 2014 at 21:35 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Um, yeah. You are from Iowa City. There is only one answer here. YELLOW!! Hawkeye pride!!!

Here's mine I built up during the crap ass snow season.
Well i am a tard and uploaded the wrong pic second time. Sowryz.

Genius idea man, Yellow never even crossed my mind! I do love my Hawkeyes, sadly I'll be leaving Iowa city and going back to the Chicago burbs this summer cause I'm done with school though.

Great looking bike by the way, how'd you get your frame so fast?

Also I see you went with a larger range cassette in the back, do you advise doing this? I was contemplating that vs a 28t dh cassette which is what I figured I would end up going with...

Javiero wrote:
subscribed.

+1 on the hawkeye color idea. sioux city raised over here, now in omaha.

good luck with the build.

Thanks man, never been to Sioux City, know a few people from that area though.

I'll be sure to keep the updates coming as I start building it.

I'll have to check out BTI and QBP and see what yellow stuff I could start throwing at it.

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 5:44 Quote
You should be able to track down a yellow and black chromag overture. I work at a shop and back ordered mine as soon as they had a part number. I went with an 11-36 cassette and dropper cuz I will ride this everywhere once the snow melts....

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
You should be able to track down a yellow and black chromag overture. I work at a shop and back ordered mine as soon as they had a part number. I went with an 11-36 cassette and dropper cuz I will ride this everywhere once the snow melts....

Gotcha, I still may stick with a 28t cassette. And yeah my dad works at a shop and knows one of the reps from the Waterloo warehouse. He had me one ordered as soon as he could. I'm just glad my arrival date didn't get pushed to 2015 like a lot of peoples!!

And thanks for the suggestion, I'll check out chromags stuff.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 22:47 Quote
2014 Trek Ticket S
That's how you do it. Fox 34 831

Posted: Feb 24, 2014 at 23:32 Quote
Awesome bike man, definitely sold me on the fox. Sucks they cost so much...

What size press Fit BB does it use?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015581
Mobile Version of Website