My new trails, work in progress

PB Forum :: Trail Building
My new trails, work in progress
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 17, 2014 at 10:22 Quote
My local woods already has some good trails in it, but I liked the idea of building my own so i could have exactly what I wanted.
Started building at the far side of the woods where there was an old and pretty much unused trail thats pretty steep and rooty and started to build just off that.
Got a few different lines in progress at the minute.
This is the first one.

steep into it, then a small jump into a left hand slope
Jump into left hand down slope

then into down a steep slope
photo
photo

then its right down another steep slope then off a drop about 6' to landing, I built a right hand berm at the bottom there but I loose a bit more speed in that corner than I wanted Frown
photo

Also started on a ladder drop today. looks to be about 9' from ladder to base of landing.
Ive been able to slice off the top layer off dirt in like big sheets pretty easy, so going to use this on top of the wood to stop it becoming slippy when its wet. Still need to put some screws into the ends aswell.
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 11:23 Quote
Great work.... Awesome documentation!

mwilliams wrote:
....Still need to put some screws into the ends as well.
photo

Screws rot out super easy, they only last 2-3 seasons (where I'm from).
I would suggest using foot long nails or small rebar. Drill a pilot hole first in each log, then pound the nail on in.
It's a lot of work, but lasts 10+ years.
You could also use rope
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/rope-tied-around-wooden-fence-pole-shallow-dof-4778093.jpg

Posted: Mar 31, 2014 at 23:13 Quote
Was hoping to go building today but the rain is pouring down Frown probably my last chance to get out on the bike today aswell Frown

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 5:44 Quote
went up in the rain, got soaked Frown

drop is finished. also build another berm after so got 2 line choices now.
need to ride it when its not as sloppy to see how much speed ive got for building jumps after the berms.

photo

photo

top part of the trail

photo

photo

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 1:19 Quote
Possibly the best loam I have ever seen !

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 14:02 Quote
I love the place, pics don't do justice to how steep some of it is. Got a few ideas of things I want to build, just working out wheres best to put them and finding good wood.

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 at 14:13 Quote
Looks really good to me , great dirt , good natural lumps and bumps , open sections , tight sections a great area

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
Nice work. Looks like a good time.

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 14:55 Quote
That look perfect...

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2014 at 22:29 Quote
dude that trail looks beautiful, props

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 3:27 Quote
Post a gopro vid if you can Smile

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 10:15 Quote
Haven't had a chance to build since about March. Work away from home so only had one day a month to ride Frown should get more time now the winter is coming and work dies down a bit.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024302
Mobile Version of Website