Help needed with Trixer Hydraulic Gyro

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help needed with Trixer Hydraulic Gyro
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 11:55 Quote
Hello,

I stopped riding for about 4 years, and formerly rode a BMX but this year I have purchased a 2014 Specialized P.Slope. I would like to use a Trixer Hydraulic Gyro on it and I am wondering what I need to purchase in order for it to work such as any new fittings / hoses / or even a completely new rear brake set up in order to use. The P.Slope is stock so the current brake set up is the "Avid Elixir 1, hydraulic disc, G2 CleanSweep"

http://www.trickstuff-shop.de/epages/TrickstuffGmbH44313886.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/TrickstuffGmbH44313886/Products/SSTXDOT

edit: Not sure if I posted this in the right section / best section for most visibility should I try to get it moved to freeride / slopestyle or bikes, parts & gear?

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 12:38 Quote
Looks like you would need a new fork to fit the Gyro, the Specialized doesn't come with enough space under the stem to fit it.

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 12:47 Quote
Looks good to me, from the manual it says total built-in height of 24mm, but I see the stock photo in the specialized website must show a cut steerer or a photo shopped one.

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 13:29 Quote
If the photo is your steerer then it should fit no worries, probably need a couple of custom brake hoses though, Superstar Components sell hose and fittings.

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
JohnyBoy wrote:
If the photo is your steerer then it should fit no worries, probably need a couple of custom brake hoses though, Superstar Components sell hose and fittings.

Do you know which ones I would need and if they are available on the trickstuff website so I could Just order them all at once with the gyro.

and yes that is my steerer in the first picture the second picture is soderstrom's bike

Posted: Mar 18, 2014 at 13:39 Quote
You'll need the fittings to connect your existing hose to the gyro fitting, it doesn't come with any - sorry don't know what they are. You should be able to get away with cutting our original hose, oh and of course you'll need to bleed them on completion.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 2:46 Quote
Banjo 6x1mm for the bottom and 6x1mm straight for the top. I have a lot of drag in mine, but with some fiddeling its okay for barspins now...proberly does 1,5 turns when you throw the bars semi hard....

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012287
Mobile Version of Website