!-=Ultimate Dirt Jump Building guide=-! Brought from Old Pinkbike!

PB Forum :: Trail Building
!-=Ultimate Dirt Jump Building guide=-! Brought from Old Pinkbike!
Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 15:33 Quote
i think its a bunch of little kids- everytime i come to the jumps- the one gap will have a big piece of plywood over the gap- placed RIGHT on the lip- plus they like to slide down my lips!its just so frustrated to spend whole days perfecting your jumps to hve some little snotnosers wreck them in like a minute- im sure im not the only one with this problem tho..

Posted: Jan 12, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
dylaine420 wrote:
i think its a bunch of little kids- everytime i come to the jumps- the one gap will have a big piece of plywood over the gap- placed RIGHT on the lip- plus they like to slide down my lips!its just so frustrated to spend whole days perfecting your jumps to hve some little snotnosers wreck them in like a minute- im sure im not the only one with this problem tho..

You have it easy then. All our jumps are gone because kids shot fireworks at the lips.

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 at 20:14 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
dylaine420 wrote:

You have it easy then. All our jumps are gone because kids shot fireworks at the lips.

Facepalm i would have hunted them down and shot them in the face with their own fireworks...

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 9:38 Quote
NWray wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:
dylaine420 wrote:

Facepalm i would have hunted them down and shot them in the face with their own fireworks...

Noob medic Frown

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:35 Quote
well needed guide. Might be easier if you just edit your first post and add all that extra stuff in just so people don't miss it.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:37 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
dylaine420 wrote:

It must be absolute heartbreak for you but thats quite funny.Big Grin

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 10:44 Quote
Stuart12342 wrote:
well needed guide. Might be easier if you just edit your first post and add all that extra stuff in just so people don't miss it.
Yeah thats what i thought, do that and get it stickied, sick guide m8

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 11:03 Quote
wow this has helped me so much sheers dude!

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
amazing thread but i have a dilemma, ive started building my trails in a field.. but started without permission.. its a completly overgrown field that hasent been looked after in years and years,,and all the fences have been destroyed and people are dumping rubbish in the field.. my question is.. do i stop, or continue? because thier is absoloutly nowhere else i can build with in 10 miles of my house, i used to ride 7 miles to my old jumps but.. whatever.. just.. with the above circum stances, what do i do,and if the landowner if he still cares about it and counts it as his, if he comes up against it what do i say tohim? like offer to fill them all in again? just, with the above story..could i get some help guys? Thanks Smile Salute

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 at 13:59 Quote
dushan-mandik wrote:
amazing thread but i have a dilemma, ive started building my trails in a field.. but started without permission.. its a completly overgrown field that hasent been looked after in years and years,,and all the fences have been destroyed and people are dumping rubbish in the field.. my question is.. do i stop, or continue? because thier is absoloutly nowhere else i can build with in 10 miles of my house, i used to ride 7 miles to my old jumps but.. whatever.. just.. with the above circum stances, what do i do,and if the landowner if he still cares about it and counts it as his, if he comes up against it what do i say tohim? like offer to fill them all in again? just, with the above story..could i get some help guys? Thanks Smile Salute

You know, if I were you, I would ask him what he plans on doing with his field and if its nothing, ask him if it would be alright if you build there. Tell him you'll make the jumps safe and tell him an amount of people that would be riding them like 10 or 15 riders as an example. Tell him you will take full responsibility for the riders and their actions as well.

Posted: Jun 11, 2013 at 15:42 Quote
A good tip i found is to spray deodorant on your shaping shovel before packing or shaping stops the dirt from sticking to the shovelSmile

Posted: Nov 3, 2013 at 16:45 Quote
mcjump wrote:
A good tip i found is to spray deodorant on your shaping shovel before packing or shaping stops the dirt from sticking to the shovelSmile
That is brilliant thank you I've always had this problem im gonna try this!!!! Does it work with clay?

Posted: Nov 7, 2013 at 12:12 Quote
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
mcjump wrote:
That is brilliant thank you I've always had this problem im gonna try this!!!! Does it work with clay?
clay especially

Posted: Nov 7, 2013 at 13:03 Quote
mcjump wrote:
The-mnt-life365 wrote:
mcjump wrote:
clay especially
Your an angel, your an angel simple as that..... THANK YOU!!!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018911
Mobile Version of Website