New sprocket is acting up

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
New sprocket is acting up
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 13:48 Quote
I bought a new rear wheel with a built in driver + sprocket, and this thing was TINY, so I bought their conversion kit and I went from a 33T front to something much smaller. I installed it a few nights ago and the only light I had was my sisters Hello Kitty lamp, and when I spun it this morning with no chain on it, I noticed it would spin with no side to side wobble, but it would have a spot where it was " bumpy " or as if it had been smooshed down. I went and installed the chain and rode it the next morning, and I heard *boing* and my chain was loose as f*ck, and just the night before it was tight as can be. I thought the axle had slipped in the dropout, because at the time, I tightened the bolts with flat wrenches. I found the right socket and I tightened it, so then I rode it again, and checked the chain and it was loose. I pulled over again and the shit was tight, then I figured it was just my front sprocket, what do I do and how do I fix it?

Posted: Mar 24, 2014 at 17:51 Quote
Did you use the right Sprocket adapter that centers the sprocket on the spindle? Its a steel washer with a lip that sits inside the sprocket too take up the difference between the spindle and sprocket

Posted: Mar 25, 2014 at 12:18 Quote
Ghamer wrote:
Did you use the right Sprocket adapter that centers the sprocket on the spindle? Its a steel washer with a lip that sits inside the sprocket too take up the difference between the spindle and sprocket
No, what I received was a complete wheel and a front sprocket sitting on the axle, but I will buy one, thanks!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008203
Mobile Version of Website