Canyon Torque DHX Flashzone V's YT Tues 2.0 Pro! Thoughts?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Canyon Torque DHX Flashzone V's YT Tues 2.0 Pro! Thoughts?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
Hi there,
I am currently looking at getting a new DH bike. The Canyon Torque DHX Flashzone has taken my fancy due to it price tag and spec.
I am wanting as solid DH rig what is good bang for buck, that will be able to do a few race weekends and also be a good fun bike to pay around with.
My only problem at the moment is there is not much information or reviews on them out there!
I was therefore wondering what experience people have had with them and there thoughts on the brand, the quality and ride of the frames.
Any comment are welcome and alternative suggestions, as this is just a potential and not set in stone.
There is also the YT Tues 2.0 I would quite to get some thoughts on as well.
Cheers

Posted: Mar 27, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
For thoughts on owners' experiences on the YT, take a look at the on-going YT Industries thread. I am among the owners of the Tues 2.0 and count me very satisfied with the process. Yes, you have to be prepared to accept that email communication can be hit-or-miss (may take a few days to get a response) but usually phone calls with inquiries are pretty quick. The Tues itself is a well-balanced, fun to ride DH bike and folks who've had it have been very pleased with the bike. I got mine last fall with some good bike park days but the winter in the eastern US has been brutal so haven't gotten much "real" riding on it in since November.

Haven't heard much about the Canyon myself though, so can't comment on that.

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 16:01 Quote
I had the same question for some months but ended up buying the Tues. I decided for the looks of the bike, the already proven performance by many reviews and Dirt for choosing it as the Bike of the Year.

The DHX its a completely new frame, the reviews are scarce but I'm sure its a very capable bike, on-par with the Tues probably. There's some guys here with that bike just search for "canyon dhx" on Photos section and ask one of them what do they think about the bike.

Also, if you choose the Tues be prepared to wait, the bigger the frame the bigger the wait.

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
Cheers guys. I know I will have to wait 5 weeks for the YT and 7 for the Canyon, but it will be worth it!

Spec wise there are pritty similar but Canyon is £250 more but has Deemax wheels and is 1kg lighter.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3269
Or
http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/en/Bikes/Gravity/Tues2.0-Pro-2014

YT:
Marzocchi Moto C2R shock
Marzocchi 380 C2R2 Titanium forks
X0 trail brakes
X0 Gears
DT Swiss YT wheels

Canyon:
CCDB shock
Fox Float 40's forks
Deemax's
Saint Brakes and gear

Both have E13 LG1+ cranks and Renthal Bars and stems.

The geometry looks reasonably the same and so does the linkage, but I have heard a few thing about the Canyon not riding as well... The Canyon has a short rear end and interchangeable travel and the YT is fixed, but has adjustable rear end length.
I would rather spend the extra £250 for Shimano stuff and the Deemax wheels over the DT swiss but the lack of info and review on the Canyon frame is making me edge towards the YT for safety.

No way to decided! Madder

Posted: Apr 8, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
For me, the Canyon has better brakes, drivetrain, wheels and shock but the YT has a better fork & a nicer frame.

It's a real toss up because they both have a brilliant spec for the price, you'll just have to pick one and go for it!

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 9:57 Quote
tvrtuscons wrote:
Hi there,
I am currently looking at getting a new DH bike. The Canyon Torque DHX Flashzone has taken my fancy due to it price tag and spec.
I am wanting as solid DH rig what is good bang for buck, that will be able to do a few race weekends and also be a good fun bike to pay around with.
My only problem at the moment is there is not much information or reviews on them out there!
I was therefore wondering what experience people have had with them and there thoughts on the brand, the quality and ride of the frames.
Any comment are welcome and alternative suggestions, as this is just a potential and not set in stone.
There is also the YT Tues 2.0 I would quite to get some thoughts on as well.
Cheers

How about Rose Unchained 2.
It has the same spec as the torque DHX flashzone (except rose use Saint for their cranks).

And the price is same as 2014 YT tues 2.0 pro.

But, for the 2015 edition, rose change their crankset with 2015 e13 LG1 R. If you don't like the cranks, rose offer your own dream build straight on their website.

I have 2014 tues 2.0 pro & rose unchained 2.
But, for the tues i change the fork and the rear shock with fox.
I don't why, marzocchi is not suite for my taste.

My 2014 tues came last april.
And about the goupset, it was my first time in my life i use SRAM products.
It felt weird on the first time, but after 3 runs finally i like them. But, not on the level "i'll change to SRAM".

For the canyon, i'm so sorry i can't say much.
IMHO, when i see the torque and unchained, i think they would be the same feel.
Because at the first glance, their rear suspension kinematics looks (almost) the same.

CMIIW.

Best regards.

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 16:59 Quote
Does anyone know what weight spring comes with a small yt tues pro? Or where to buy different springs from?

Thanks Lee

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010578
Mobile Version of Website