Rockshox Argyle 409 help?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Rockshox Argyle 409 help?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 6:53 Quote
Hi guys, just want some help with how to make my rockshox argyle 409 solo air stiffer, i ride dirt jumps and want my forks to be a bit harder so they wont bottom out on landings, i've pumped as much air into them and they're still soft? Apparently you can do something with the floodgate threshold to make them harder? Also need to know, does it damage the fork if i have the compression dial half way? I've read something about you can ruin your fork by turning the compression cap halfway? Any help will be much appreciated, cheers.

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 9:12 Quote
scorpioncen wrote:
Hi guys, just want some help with how to make my rockshox argyle 409 solo air stiffer, i ride dirt jumps and want my forks to be a bit harder so they wont bottom out on landings, i've pumped as much air into them and they're still soft? Apparently you can do something with the floodgate threshold to make them harder? Also need to know, does it damage the fork if i have the compression dial half way? I've read something about you can ruin your fork by turning the compression cap halfway? Any help will be much appreciated, cheers.

It's weird that you're pumping a lot of air into it and it's still soft. That's normally what stiffens the fork up. How much psi are you pumping in ? You should read the manual. Heh.

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 11:01 Quote
It's weird that you're pumping a lot of air into it and it's still soft. That's normally what stiffens the fork up. How much psi are you pumping in ? You should read the manual. Heh.[/Quote]

I have almost the maximum amount I can put in, around 180psi, is it true you can do something with the floodgate to stiffen the fork up??

Posted: Apr 4, 2014 at 11:26 Quote
I would send it in. It sounds like there is something wrong. When I had mine 180 psi would have been crazy stiff.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022825
Mobile Version of Website