Specialized Enduro

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized Enduro
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 9, 2014 at 19:08 Quote
Looking for some input on a few things from Enduro riders since I'm thinking about selling my Glory for one... (specifically the 2014 Enduro Comp)
#1: Climbing... how well does it preform? Can it handle an all day big mountain ride with a 2,000+ ft elevation gain?
#2: I'm unfamiliar with the suspension... what I'm understanding is that the CTD settings are just compression settings on the shock? Does the Rockshox Pike have travel adjustments (or any other settings that'd help climbing)? I thought I read somewhere that it could be lowered 30mm with a switch.
#3: The wheel sizes... I know it's probably personal preference but I'm wondering what you ride and why. 26 or 29? And any info on 650b releases?
#4: I like the Stumpjumper EVO 27.5 but I think the Enduro would be better suited for me since I'd want something I can take to the bike parks but also do XC/AM riding with. I'm also considering enduro racing. I'd be better off with the Enduro, right?

Thanks a ton in advance if you can help with these Q's. Cheers guys/gals, and happy trails!

Posted: Apr 12, 2014 at 10:02 Quote
Same question on the enduro 650b release. I need a trail bike now but cant see dropping the dough when you know its coming. Anyone fit 650b wheels on the '13 or '14 26" enduro?

Posted: May 15, 2014 at 5:20 Quote
I have the FOX 34 FIT on my enduro and I am very happy but the 2014 has the Pike which is supposed to be a great fork. 1. If your looking for a bike that rockets up the hills this may not be the bike. But it does climb well for a 160 bike. I recently had mine in Vancouver and climbed 5000 feet in 3 days and had not problems and I have a 30t up front.

2. Not that familiar with the Pike but I believe it does have a lock out setting that you can swtich on to help with the climbs

3. Love my 26er but the 29er was not out when I bought mine last year. The 29er is supposed to be a great bike I would see if you can ride both.

4, Its a tough choice between the stumpy and the Enduro as they are so similler. If you thing you are going to be hitting the park and doing some AM/DH I would go with the Enduro having the pike up front will be perfect.

either choice you will be happy with as there both great bikes. Hope that helps.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 7:53 Quote
I just got a enduro 29 comp for my birthday. For the longest time I wanted the 26 because I liked my 26 inch wheels, cornering, etc. until I actually rode the enduro 29. It has such short chain stays that it takes corners like a 26, and blasting through "techy" downhill is soooo much smoother.
1.) it climbs a lot better than I expected. Definitely lock the rear shock and you have a bike that is heavy(my stock comp with mallet petals and an lev dropper post is 32 pounds) but climbs well and you can still mash to get some speed to hop up and over drops or technical sections really quick. I think it will surprise you.
2.) oh the pike. It is so great. Personally, I think the geometry is such that the fork won't even bob too much climbing, it's the rear shock you need to worry About. But you are right. There's. not much adjustability. However, once you get it set up, you're gonna dig it.
3.) specialized has figured out a way to keep uber long travel with super tiny chain stays. Go for the 29. It is so great up and down that I wonder why anyone would even but a 26.
4.) this bike is just so dang versatile. It may not be the most enjoyable to ride xc bike, but you will forget about that if you ever get a downhill section. And yeah, it's able to do day trips. My dad rides a tallboy, and I easily beat him uphill. My brother rides a stumpy fsr 29 And he gets me on the climbs but I leave him in the dust going down. However, I have ridden behind him and he rides kinda the same style and beats his bike around just as much as me. You could make it by on a stumpy, they have the same rims, interchangable forks, and the enduro just has a lil beefier frame, and brakes. So they are very similar, but nothin will ever make me smile like my enduro comp 29.

Posted: May 18, 2014 at 7:55 Quote
niche77 wrote:
Same question on the enduro 650b release. I need a trail bike now but cant see dropping the dough when you know its coming. Anyone fit 650b wheels on the '13 or '14 26" enduro?

I don't know how well that would work, seeing as thou the pike is made for 26, 27.5 and 29" wheels. Also, pull up the geometries side by side. The chainstays won't even accommodate that size wheel, never the less, you would still spend that extra money replacing the fork.

Posted: May 27, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
You'll easily get 26" parts for more years than your frame will live. If you look at the 650B Stumpy and its chain stays, I hope their 650B Enduro is a lot different… and for the time being, I am more than happy with my 26" Enduro.

Posted: Nov 13, 2014 at 17:02 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
Looking for some input on a few things from Enduro riders since I'm thinking about selling my Glory for one... (specifically the 2014 Enduro Comp)
#1: Climbing... how well does it preform? Can it handle an all day big mountain ride with a 2,000+ ft elevation gain?
#2: I'm unfamiliar with the suspension... what I'm understanding is that the CTD settings are just compression settings on the shock? Does the Rockshox Pike have travel adjustments (or any other settings that'd help climbing)? I thought I read somewhere that it could be lowered 30mm with a switch.
#3: The wheel sizes... I know it's probably personal preference but I'm wondering what you ride and why. 26 or 29? And any info on 650b releases?
#4: I like the Stumpjumper EVO 27.5 but I think the Enduro would be better suited for me since I'd want something I can take to the bike parks but also do XC/AM riding with. I'm also considering enduro racing. I'd be better off with the Enduro, right?

Thanks a ton in advance if you can help with these Q's. Cheers guys/gals, and happy trails!

the enduro is the best bike i have ever riden. my best friend has one and i am so envious of him. i rode that bike when he first got it, i wanted to buy it from him but i got my kona precept dl 650b, and im looking at buying an enduro. its so much fun and can handle anything you throw at it

Posted: Nov 29, 2014 at 7:55 Quote
Guys - Week-2 on a 2014 Expert Evo and largely loving the bike!

One thing I'm not crazy about is the bikes performance when I am out of the saddle sprinting to get up to speed. The peddle bob is horrendous and makes putting power to the wheels nearly impossible. My bike still has the Fox Float CTD w/autosag installed and while I haven't spent hours tuning the shock it I have followed the basic procedure for setting sag. Coming off a Niner with CVA suspension this lack of efficiency feels almost exaggerated.

Is this something I can tune out with the existing shock? Is this an "FSR" thing ? Should I be looking at the Cane Creek at a means of getting better peddling performance? If this is something I cant improve through tuning or a better shock I have a 2014 Enduro Carbon for sale.

Anything you can share is appreciated.

Posted: Dec 5, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
get it Pushed,
http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/index.php?menu_id=30&Xtype=content&title=FOX%20Air%20Shocks

Will help alot but never going to be able to stand and peddle like a Hard tail. Heard good things about the inline as well.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 6:41 Quote
I have a brand new '15 650 comp climbs great (well as good as the person pedaling) decends faster than I want to go at the moment (I was holding the poor bike back) and it pedals nice on the flats. It seems to pedal a little hard just tooling around town but it could be the tires and the pressure that I run. Or it could be that I am just out of shape, which is most likely the culprit. but either way it is a freakin awesome bike

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 6:44 Quote
Gbone wrote:
Guys - Week-2 on a 2014 Expert Evo and largely loving the bike!

One thing I'm not crazy about is the bikes performance when I am out of the saddle sprinting to get up to speed. The peddle bob is horrendous and makes putting power to the wheels nearly impossible. My bike still has the Fox Float CTD w/autosag installed and while I haven't spent hours tuning the shock it I have followed the basic procedure for setting sag. Coming off a Niner with CVA suspension this lack of efficiency feels almost exaggerated.

Is this something I can tune out with the existing shock? Is this an "FSR" thing ? Should I be looking at the Cane Creek at a means of getting better peddling performance? If this is something I cant improve through tuning or a better shock I have a 2014 Enduro Carbon for sale.

Anything you can share is appreciated.

add a bit of air and resag
had the same issue on mine I weight 245 with gear and pack specs say add 50 psi plus weight I added 75 psi plus weight (as long as you don't exceed max air psi) and re set the auto sag night and day difference also I amout 5 turns on rebound which seems like it works good in cold weather I am sure as it warms up I will need to readjust air psi and rebound settings ( oil viscosity changes as it gets colder or warmer)

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
Hi, i have a specialized enduro 2013 26' bike that comes with the stock fox ctd fork and shock. Wondering is it worth to upgrade the fork to a pike 26 or even a pike 27.5? If using the pike 27.5 will it alter the geometry/ handling?

Or is it not worth to upgrade it and selling it and buying a new 27.5 bike a better option?

Thanks...

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 8:32 Quote
I have a 2013 comp as well and upgrade the Damper to a FIT last year and its so much better the stock damper on that fork is SHIT, its also allot cheaper then going with a Pike. I also upgraded the shock to a CCDB air as you can't do much with the Evolution Shock. If you are thinking about replacing both you are half way to a new bike, depending on what your looking to spend.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 7:29 Quote
Ont26Rider wrote:
I have a 2013 comp as well and upgrade the Damper to a FIT last year and its so much better the stock damper on that fork is SHIT, its also allot cheaper then going with a Pike. I also upgraded the shock to a CCDB air as you can't do much with the Evolution Shock. If you are thinking about replacing both you are half way to a new bike, depending on what your looking to spend.

Thanks alot for the input. I will definitely consider upgrading the damper to FIT once it needs servicing (so far running it for past 1 year 4 months, no major issue yet but i think will need service anytime soon. Yea, already ordered for ccdb air cs. Initially wanted db inline but my LBS say it will not fit..

Posted: Mar 30, 2015 at 6:01 Quote
It will fit but you will loose 15mm of travel, I considered it as well.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008347
Mobile Version of Website