Deity or Morpheus

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity or Morpheus
Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 18:00 Quote
JacobTheDirtJumper wrote:
I would say Morpheus but idk now because at sea otter they realeased a tapered headtube Cryptkeeper and that looks really sick!
tell me about it. It was infact sick.

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 18:27 Quote
I guess more of what I'm looking for is someone who has riden both and has opinoins like pros and cons.

I know its a lot of money, but I have sick built up Jackal that I'll be using some of the parts from to build the new bike, then selling the jackal frame.

Plus I get good grades.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
It's harder than you think to sell a dj frame these days. Expect ally if it's alluminum. You probably won't get for than 100 for it.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 10:40 Quote
It all depends what you ride as well, you can't buy a deity or Morpheus because you like them.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 16:34 Quote
owenp2 wrote:
It's harder than you think to sell a dj frame these days. Expect ally if it's alluminum. You probably won't get for than 100 for it.

I'm Kyler's dad. He's pretty convinced he wants a Deity. Some of it is probably all in his head, but some of it may be justified. He doesnt feel as comfortable on his Jackal, as he has on some other bikes.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 16:46 Quote
Have you thought about Buying used Frames? Well i know recently Morpheus lowered the price on their frames down to 595. Dropped by 100 but deity's frames are only $480 that -$100 so that might be a plus. And no matter what you choose Both Frames are Crazy Sick!

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 16:52 Quote
id say keep the frame hes on if i were his dad just because hes young , even cheaper dirt jump frames now have as good or better geomtry to the good ones 5-7 years ago , hes young also so you dont want to invest a big token of money if he were to get out of the sport , and if he likes it and keeps givener then probably would be a great time to upgrade frames giving there will be even more options and you will have a better idea on a frame size and such for him since he will be more grown into his body. its hard to buy him a large frame to grow into when hes young because its alot more bike to handle

this is just my opinion tho and dont mean it to be offensive at all

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 17:52 Quote
ColinLincez wrote:
It all depends what you ride as well, you can't buy a deity or Morpheus because you like them.
i was figuring some one would say that and it's not that I "WANT" them, even though I do, I just thought about it and decided that either one Morpheus or deity would be an upgrade.

The reason I'm leaning towereds the deity is because it looks sick and if it's slitly better than the Morpheus which is better than my jackal then it's worth it. My dad wants his own DJ bike for himself and loves my jackal, so it thought, why not just upgrade me and he gets the bike he wants.

Thank you all for posting your thoughts and opinions. Smile

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 20:33 Quote
Nashmeyer wrote:
id say keep the frame hes on if i were his dad just because hes young , even cheaper dirt jump frames now have as good or better geomtry to the good ones 5-7 years ago , hes young also so you dont want to invest a big token of money if he were to get out of the sport , and if he likes it and keeps givener then probably would be a great time to upgrade frames giving there will be even more options and you will have a better idea on a frame size and such for him since he will be more grown into his body. its hard to buy him a large frame to grow into when hes young because its alot more bike to handle

this is just my opinion tho and dont mean it to be offensive at all

Solid advise. Thx

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 9:14 Quote
Alright guys, i'm about to build a new dirt jumper. i'm coming from a transition BLT and cant make up my mind between the crypt or the vimana. the 400$ difference isnt a huge deal for me, and i love the way they both look. im more concerned about spending 800$ on a dirt jumper frame and then ending up hating the geo of it. i was wondering if any one who has a vimana can tell me what feels different between that and a more typical round tube frame. Seems like every one i talk to either loves vimana's or hates them. just looking for an unbiased opinion,
thanks!

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 10:38 Quote
lovethedirt wrote:
Alright guys, i'm about to build a new dirt jumper. i'm coming from a transition BLT and cant make up my mind between the crypt or the vimana. the 400$ difference isnt a huge deal for me, and i love the way they both look. im more concerned about spending 800$ on a dirt jumper frame and then ending up hating the geo of it. i was wondering if any one who has a vimana can tell me what feels different between that and a more typical round tube frame. Seems like every one i talk to either loves vimana's or hates them. just looking for an unbiased opinion,
thanks!

They dropped the frame price down to $595

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:39 Quote
Hey, thank you guys for all of the help! It helped me out a lot and me and my dad started thinking of a "one bike does all" kinda thing. So, we went looking and found the trek ticket s and the enduro sx. I've dicided on the enduro sx and put all the components from my jackal onto it. Then get some things to make some of the components like my forks and cranks work on it. My dad is buying a ticket s but still might get an sx. Thank you again. P.s that guy, love the dirt, who asked about it 2 posts ago, keep this thread running for him!!!!!!

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 17:16 Quote
Kylerg454 wrote:
Hey, thank you guys for all of the help! It helped me out a lot and me and my dad started thinking of a "one bike does all" kinda thing. So, we went looking and found the trek ticket s and the enduro sx. I've dicided on the enduro sx and put all the components from my jackal onto it. Then get some things to make some of the components like my forks and cranks work on it. My dad is buying a ticket s but still might get an sx. Thank you again. P.s that guy, love the dirt, who asked about it 2 posts ago, keep this thread running for him!!!!!!

That's sweet man congrats, and thank you!

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 6:53 Quote
Cryptkeeper:
15.25' Chainstays
-25mm BB drop
69.5 degree head angle

Vimana:
14.3-15.8 (adjustable) Chainstays
Probably around -23mm bb drop (rough estimate based on info from site)
68 degree head angle

So, the Vimana has shorter chainstays and a tiny bit higher BB which will make the bike easier to throw around and manual, but the Vimana has a little bit slacker headtube angle which will allow more stability. The Cryptkeeper would turn more sharply.
Get a Vimana if you have the money. Highly doubt you'll regret it and I've heard that the frame is ridiculously strong for aluminium.
EDIT: It's not going to feel any different from having squared tubing and round tubing. They do that for the structural integrity of the aluminium. Also, round tubing is only typical on most steel frames.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 7:27 Quote
Kylerg454 wrote:

That's funny, that's exactly what I did, but with a sx (not endouro or trail) . Didn't work that bad either, now I'm just slowly replacing the components for more trail friendly stuff

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014839
Mobile Version of Website