Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 23:41 Quote
Corphies wrote:
Cryptkeeper:
15.25' Chainstays
-25mm BB drop
69.5 degree head angle

Vimana:
14.3-15.8 (adjustable) Chainstays
Probably around -23mm bb drop (rough estimate based on info from site)
68 degree head angle

So, the Vimana has shorter chainstays and a tiny bit higher BB which will make the bike easier to throw around and manual, but the Vimana has a little bit slacker headtube angle which will allow more stability. The Cryptkeeper would turn more sharply.
Get a Vimana if you have the money. Highly doubt you'll regret it and I've heard that the frame is ridiculously strong for aluminium.
EDIT: It's not going to feel any different from having squared tubing and round tubing. They do that for the structural integrity of the aluminium. Also, round tubing is only typical on most steel frames.
Thank you for the post!!
I think ill end up building the vimana, coming from the BLT's 0mm BB drop im going to want something similar to manual and throw around. (dont quote me on this) but i think that the new prices are around 500 for the normal paint and 650 for the higher end paint job. Plus the Vimana looks way cooler Razz .

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 7:34 Quote
Get the anodized frame for the extra 100$ if you do. Probably last much longer than the powder coat and won't chip. Plus anodized parts just look amazing IMO. Who doesn't like shiny?! Beer

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 19:29 Quote
lovethedirt wrote:
Corphies wrote:
Cryptkeeper:
15.25' Chainstays
-25mm BB drop
69.5 degree head angle

Vimana:
14.3-15.8 (adjustable) Chainstays
Probably around -23mm bb drop (rough estimate based on info from site)
68 degree head angle

So, the Vimana has shorter chainstays and a tiny bit higher BB which will make the bike easier to throw around and manual, but the Vimana has a little bit slacker headtube angle which will allow more stability. The Cryptkeeper would turn more sharply.
Get a Vimana if you have the money. Highly doubt you'll regret it and I've heard that the frame is ridiculously strong for aluminium.
EDIT: It's not going to feel any different from having squared tubing and round tubing. They do that for the structural integrity of the aluminium. Also, round tubing is only typical on most steel frames.
Thank you for the post!!
I think ill end up building the vimana, coming from the BLT's 0mm BB drop im going to want something similar to manual and throw around. (dont quote me on this) but i think that the new prices are around 500 for the normal paint and 650 for the higher end paint job. Plus the Vimana looks way cooler Razz .
i got told it was 779 and 690 for prices but that could be off also

Posted: Apr 29, 2014 at 12:59 Quote
Emailed Morpheus a month back and they told me $700 and $800.

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 16:11 Quote
id say morpheus because deity puts more effort into their components and morpheus only makes bikes

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 17:04 Quote
your reasoning sounds so off , deity tests there frames 10x to the degreee of any other company and they dont put anything out on the market until there 120% confident in it

Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 23:34 Quote
"because deity puts more effort into their components and morpheus only makes bikes"
WAT?..
They do put more effort into their components because Morpheus only makes frames. But Deity only makes bikes too? Not like they're producing microwaves.

Posted: Jun 14, 2014 at 14:35 Quote
Corphies wrote:
"because deity puts more effort into their components and morpheus only makes bikes"
WAT?..
They do put more effort into their components because Morpheus only makes frames. But Deity only makes bikes too? Not like they're producing microwaves.
i choose burger kind over mcdonalds because they focus on burger in there name so they must be better

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016220
Mobile Version of Website