Fox '12 Float RP23 Performance. Question about SAG

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox '12 Float RP23 Performance. Question about SAG
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 22:18 Quote
Hey Folks,
I started to look more intense in my Suspension setup of my '12 Rocky Mountain Slayer because riding season gets finally started and I'm having troubles setting the SAG for the Fox RP23.
The travel length is 2.25 inch and the owners manual: http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/012/index.html recommends about 14 mil. SAG. I weight about 170 lbs but if I set it up for this sag It almost bottoms out when I bunnyhop on the parking lot.
For the SAG I pump about 170 PSI pressure but it just confuses me that I either have no SAG or bottom out.
Do you have any idea what it could be? Is it maybe the frame specs, that makes the difference to the general online manual?
Thanks your your Help, much appreciated Salute
Berti

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 12:06 Quote
Are you turning off Propedal before checking sag?
If that's the original shock with the bike, correct sag should not allow it to bottom so easily, but have you tried upping the pressure until it doesn't bottom, then see how it rides?
Have you played with the rebound a bit, speed it up and slow it down to find the sweet spot? If rebound is too slow, it can pack down which might make it bottom too easily (over repeated bumps anyway)

Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 19:30 Quote
Hey Brian,
thanks for your quick answer.
Yes, propedal is turned off and yes it is the original shock but i bought the bike used this winter. Yes i tried the rebound and it helps but I havent played enough on trails yet to reach a good suspension result. I guess it's on the list for the next trip. Just bring the shock pump and work something out. Maybe if I get it not to bottom out anymore but the sag doesnt fit perfectly I'll just leave it. As long as it works. Or do you think it's gonna be very bad not to have enough sag for the riding performance?
Sorry but I'm new to fullys Big Grin
Cheers,
Berti

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010624
Mobile Version of Website