2011 boxxer r2c2 compression problem maybe

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 boxxer r2c2 compression problem maybe
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 15, 2014 at 22:33 Quote
Hey guys have a set of new never used 2011 boxxer r2c2's that came on a bike I just bought..
I'm scratching my head as to how much compression damper adjustment they should have??
From fast to slow adjustment on high and low speed there is minimal difference if not it's near none existent..
I sent forks back to SRAM and they said everything checks out ok and there fine..
But they didn't pull em down or service so who's knows??
What's peoples thoughts??
Rebuild kit? Oil? New compression damper?

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 9:36 Quote
It is nearly impossible to tell if the compression damper is making any changes in the parking lot. If you sent it to sram they certainly had a look at it unless they specified that they did not take it apart.

Get your spring rate dialled and then have someone that knows what they are doing make some adjustments and do a few runs on your bike. It may sounds harsh but if you were expecting to see differences in the car park you likely wont notice the difference between a properly adjusted fork and one that is a bit out of whack on the trail either. The compression adjustments are there to make slight changes to the forks behaviour over varying types of terrain, but NOT to compensate for poor spring rate.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 2:44 Quote
Hey mate, I've just bought a bike (second hand) that came with 2011 boxxer r2c2's (that had a service 3 rides ago) and i have the exact same problem. The compression damper assembly makes little to no difference to the stiffness of the fork , I've heard that some of the rebound assembly don't work straight out of the box. Apparently they made a bad batch of rebound assembly's or something? Maybe they've done the same thing with the compression assembly.

Have you figured out the problem with yours? Please let me know.
I've been stressing over it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 20:11 Quote
coxy383 wrote:
Hey guys have a set of new never used 2011 boxxer r2c2's that came on a bike I just bought..
I'm scratching my head as to how much compression damper adjustment they should have??
From fast to slow adjustment on high and low speed there is minimal difference if not it's near none existent..
I sent forks back to SRAM and they said everything checks out ok and there fine..
But they didn't pull em down or service so who's knows??
What's peoples thoughts??
Rebuild kit? Oil? New compression damper?

Spring rate is correct before anything else?

If you're feeling no change in low speed adjustments(which you should be able to feel in a parking lot)' I'd say you're low on oil.

No low speed compression should feel very plush as you compress the fork. Full compression should firm it up and that should be noticeable as the resistance shouldn't let the fork compress so easy.

If you notice the difference between the two extremes in lsc, it sounds good then.

But if it doesn't change it you may be low on oil, if, your spring rate is correct.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011042
Mobile Version of Website