Do I go for a Shimano saint or SRAM x-10 derailleur

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Do I go for a Shimano saint or SRAM x-10 derailleur
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 11:20 Quote
I know I'm probably about to open a can of worms with this thread, but in all seriousness just broken my SRAM x-9 last ride out and need to replace it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 18:17 Quote
I don't think u can interchange sram and shimano derailler and shifters
So u may need a shimano shifter as well.
Not 100% sure tho.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 21:10 Quote
Shimano and sram wont mix. There is an exception if you run 9 speed and you have sram shifter, you can get a shimano 10 speed derailleur to work.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 21:56 Quote
Personally I'd go shimano, but as stated you will require a shifter to go with it.
What about Zee mech and shifter, cheaper than a Saint mech on it's own, similar in performance.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 12:54 Quote
Go Saint short cage if you can. I worked at an LBS with a guy that was breaking Sram rear der left n right, x9 and x10 shatter on small impacts over a 6 mo span, kept telling him Saint. 10 der later he finally bought one.. It's been 2 yrs, hasn't broken yet. You'll need a new shifter too, for some reason Xtr's are better than Saint - smoother.
He rides Demo forest in Santa Cruz everyday, he's good and fast, not a beginner.

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
Thanks for all your input guys. Have decided to go with a saint m820 derailleur and shifter. Can anyone know which would be better for the shifter mount as it comes with direct or bar mount options...?

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 11:20 Quote
that's entirely dependant on whether you have a compatible lever or not.
Also i found that i cant get the shifter in a comfortable position for me on the direct mount, i prefer bar mounted.

Posted: Apr 27, 2014 at 11:37 Quote
Have avid xo on there at the moment but will be upgrading to saints when they get broken or worn out

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039823
Mobile Version of Website