Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Mod O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
eastfyfes wrote:
In Aberdeenshire, Scotland there are two ballater region. I tried to make them into one but I didn't work. Was wondering if you could fix it. Cheers

fixed

Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 13:08 Quote
I have been attempting to work with the printmap beta feature you showed me at interbike. When I attempt to print using this feature it prints all the words and information so tiny you cant read any of it.

Also if I try and print it to anything other than pdf it gives me an error when I try and download it

Mod O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2016 at 18:23 Quote
jasmith4183 wrote:
I have been attempting to work with the printmap beta feature you showed me at interbike. When I attempt to print using this feature it prints all the words and information so tiny you cant read any of it.

Also if I try and print it to anything other than pdf it gives me an error when I try and download it

looking into it, seems it is an issue with "poster" usage. It only works with PDF atm.

*UPDATE* Issue is fixed

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 11:45 Quote
moved to app bugs

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 at 7:15 Quote
I have Croatia's trail rating system set up as: UK Forestry/Euro.
The problem is that when someone creates a new child region(riding area) it is still IMBA!
Thanks

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:54 Quote
VjekoslavKrsanac wrote:
I have Croatia's trail rating system set up as: UK Forestry/Euro.
The problem is that when someone creates a new child region(riding area) it is still IMBA!
Thanks

Yah it's a per-region setting. I'll make a change so when adding a region, it will default the select box to the parents system. But it could still be changed.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
Found an easy to illustrate example of how the Global Trail Leaderboards are not working.

Mine are in various states, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why. I've looked into whether its the last ridelog sync'd or the one with the slowest time. It seems to be fairly random. However, result is, more often than not my PB is not shown? (used?) in the Global Leaderboard for a Trail.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i67.tinypic.com/2wg69ap.jpg

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
Thanks for the screenshots, that helps. I will be looking into this sometime this winter. Its just not a high priority item as its not a main focus of Trailforks. There is definitely big issues with the leaderboards, it was a feature thrown in before there was much data to work with.

Posted: Oct 18, 2016 at 13:52 Quote
K. its a shame as it seems like its something silly like an non-sorted query (missing the ORDER BY.. ?) being used to get that particular result for the table. but it may need to be fixed when the ridelog is added/refreshed if it sync's into a global table rather than after the the fact?

TBH.. I think its the biggest thing missing from TF, IMO, and makes it less attractive to end-users, especially with a big glaring time difference like that possible at the users end.

if its possible to put a quick-bodge in before any kind of major overhaul please do!

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 8:20 Quote
I'm not certain... but there may be an issue with the sensitivity check.

Many ridelogs that occur at MVP (http://www.trailforks.com/region/mvp/trails/) are flagged as sensitive even though there's nothing going on there that should trigger this flag. There are several hidden and closed trails in the database but they've all had the sensitivity check option disabled. I'm concerned that a lot of valuable usage and heat-map data has been thrown out over the past season. As a region admin... am I using this sensitivity option appropriately? Thanks.

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 11:23 Quote
ChrisNorfolk wrote:
I'm not certain... but there may be an issue with the sensitivity check.

Many ridelogs that occur at MVP (http://www.trailforks.com/region/mvp/trails/) are flagged as sensitive even though there's nothing going on there that should trigger this flag. There are several hidden and closed trails in the database but they've all had the sensitivity check option disabled. I'm concerned that a lot of valuable usage and heat-map data has been thrown out over the past season. As a region admin... am I using this sensitivity option appropriately? Thanks.

There was a hidden trail called "HITW Connector" that overlaps an existing trail, I deleted it. But it seems you checked the "Disable sensitive check" back in August, so a ridelog from October shouldn't be setting it off. I'll look into it. I can also re-scan all the ridelogs in the region.

Re-scan of all ridelogs in region running now, stats will update tomorrow.
photo

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 12:30 Quote
Trailforks website appears to be down. FYI

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 15:10 Quote
boxxerace wrote:
Trailforks website appears to be down. FYI

Was never down for me. But major internet outages all over today: http://gizmodo.com/this-is-probably-why-half-the-internet-shut-down-today-1788062835

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 8:26 Quote
Various bugs noticed, using an iPad with iOS 10.0.2, and Safari:

Bugs in the route 3D viewing tool:
1. While following the 3D route, the location dot on the elevation profile is not synced with the proper location that is moving on the other two maps. In fact it's way off- it moves faster.

2. Also, at a few junctions, the 3D route dot gets stuck or bounces back and forth a few times before continuing down the properly routed trail. I used existing GPS data, so maybe whoever originally did those segments were not clean about recording. If not, then it might be a bug too.

3. Lastly, I screwed up a segment, so I went to add a trail and then move it into the right place. At this point, I could not manipulate the compass rose to drag this new trail into place. I was not able to select the trail. Gonna try it on a Win PC, and see if it works. Never tried this before, so I'm hoping it will reroute the inserted trail properly.

Route editing bug: After going into edit mode, and I go to the map to "Edit Route Points," nothing happens. The layer is TF, but all it displays is a solid blue color in the map box, with a single dot. I went in there to fix a routing mistake, but couldn't do it. Changing layers doesn't help- none of the map layers display. Once this is fixed, I'm hoping that this is the place where I can fix a routing mistake I made previously, by moving the route up to a trail I left out mid-route?

The horizontal directional arrows in the "Trails In Route" box indicating whether to turn left or right frequently are in error, and do not correspond to the direction of the turn to be made. In other cases, this arrow is not displayed at all on a trail, when it is in fact needed. Happy to walk thru examples.

Not a bug, but a future enhancement request: It would be great if when one highlights a trail in this "Trails In Route" box, that it only highlights the portion of that trail that has been routed, rather than the entire trail. It is confusing when trying to follow a route trail by trail and turn by turn when there are a lot of intersecting trails and this feature highlights the entire trail, even when the bulk of it is not included in a route due to turning off it half way through, etc.

Another feature request would be a drag and drop to repair or redraw trails by dragging with the mouse. I left a trail out of this route that I had intended to include but screwed up. It drew the route up an adjacent road instead. I subsequently tried to add the missing trail into the "Trails in Route" table in edit mode and put it in the right trail order, but the route did not redraw using this new trail. In fact adding it did nothing with the new trail. Only way I saw to fix my mistake was to clear all the trails from the route and recreate it from scratch.

Overall, this Routing Tool is absolutely incredible though!

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2016 at 15:22 Quote
Tried entering my cross bike. I can select Cyclo-cross for bike type, but when I submit, it comes up as a Fat bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013711
Mobile Version of Website