Trailforks.com Bug Reports

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks.com Bug Reports
Posted: Feb 6, 2017 at 0:09 Quote
nicholasnicolle wrote:
I can't login. It keeps telling me I need an Internet connection but I'm posting this off a WiFi connection.

Thanks. All sorted now.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 8:53 Quote
Small bug.

The Trail Report Submit Form Widget doesn't respect visibility of trails.

If you look at the trails list for MSM:

https://www.trailforks.com/widgets/config/trail_list/?rid=3294
https://www.trailforks.com/widgets/config/reportsubmit/?rid=3294

You will see more trails on the report widget.

LowerLolli as an example of a trail that has been scouted, but not built.

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 9:46 Quote
TylerDCA wrote:
Small bug.

The Trail Report Submit Form Widget doesn't respect visibility of trails.

If you look at the trails list for MSM:

https://www.trailforks.com/widgets/config/trail_list/?rid=3294
https://www.trailforks.com/widgets/config/reportsubmit/?rid=3294

You will see more trails on the report widget.

LowerLolli as an example of a trail that has been scouted, but not built.

THanks for the report, this is not necessarily a bug. The trail is listed different, in italic. You only see it because you are logged into the website. Others viewing the same widget would not see that hidden trail listed. That being said, there is probably not much reason to ever list planned trails in the widget, so I will filter them out, even if logged in.

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 1:29 Quote
Dowloading Traildata Spreadsheet and Trails Count doesn't match up.

When I look at the trailslist for Stockholms Län it says there's 792 trails in Stockholm, but when i download the Traildata Spreadsheet I only get 500 trails. How come?
Could it be possible to make it possible to filter between what dates the trails was added in the trails list?

Nice thing adding the link for the list of regional admins, btw Smile

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 4:14 Quote
I am trying to delete a number of trails in the Dillingby region. But how?

There are several reasons for deleting them: One has merged into another trail, two was almost never ridden so they were overgrown, and three of them was projects that never became anything good (in three years of existence).

Instead I have tried to minimize their impact on the region by shorten them to 3 points, moving them into nowhere and hiding them to be viewed.

Bugs or problems:
* The counters for these 6 hidden trails (now named "Delete 1-6") are still visible when not logged in.
* How can I delete them permanently?
* Checkbox "delete gps" when editing a trail is not doing anything.
* Parts of hidden old names are still visible in the webmap after more than 12 days (at some zoom levels).

Thank you!

/Örjan :-)

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 16:28 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
I am trying to delete a number of trails in the Dillingby region. But how?

There are several reasons for deleting them: One has merged into another trail, two was almost never ridden so they were overgrown, and three of them was projects that never became anything good (in three years of existence).

Instead I have tried to minimize their impact on the region by shorten them to 3 points, moving them into nowhere and hiding them to be viewed.

Bugs or problems:
* The counters for these 6 hidden trails (now named "Delete 1-6") are still visible when not logged in.
* How can I delete them permanently?
* Checkbox "delete gps" when editing a trail is not doing anything.
* Parts of hidden old names are still visible in the webmap after more than 12 days (at some zoom levels).

Thank you!

/Örjan :-)

If you want a trail totally deleted don't shorten it to 3 points Razz
Best to "flag/report" the trail asking for it to be deleted and we'll do that within a day.

But sometimes its better to mark a trail closed, or mark it as archived, will remove from map but keep for historical purpose. But if its just junk data, or a duplicate, please ask for it to be deleted by flagging the trail.
https://www.trailforks.com/help/view/55/

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 16:32 Quote
ollesvensk wrote:

When I look at the trailslist for Stockholms Län it says there's 792 trails in Stockholm, but when i download the Traildata Spreadsheet I only get 500 trails. How come?
Could it be possible to make it possible to filter between what dates the trails was added in the trails list?

Looks like I limited the rows exported in the spreadsheet to 500. I will change that to a larger number, but the code change could take a week, I have some other pending stuff I can't commit yet in same files.

Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 12:28 Quote
I have this ride with a messed up time on one of the trails (it says it took only 24 seconds to complete it):
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/941492/

Is there any way I can correct this or should I remove the trail from this ridelog to keep the stats correct?

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2017 at 15:19 Quote
pufi wrote:
I have this ride with a messed up time on one of the trails (it says it took only 24 seconds to complete it):
https://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/view/941492/

Is there any way I can correct this or should I remove the trail from this ridelog to keep the stats correct?

right now you can only remove it. Hopefully soon I will be re-working the trail identification and timing system.

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 5:11 Quote
canadaka wrote:
ollesvensk wrote:

Looks like I limited the rows exported in the spreadsheet to 500. I will change that to a larger number, but the code change could take a week, I have some other pending stuff I can't commit yet in same files.

Swell tup

Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 1:54 Quote
I am having trouble importing KML-files. When importing (adding a new trail) several points are way wrong. They are often located in North sea east of Shetland islands. My KML-files are generated from Google's tool "My maps" where I often draw my trails. Importing the KML-file into another tool, e.g. GPSies.com, and then exporting a new KML-file from there, and then importing it to Trailforks works fine (but not within the same import session if I have already imported a "bad" KML-file. I will have to close "add trail" and start all over).

Importing KML-files used to work in the past but have not been working for the last couple of months.

Here is a link to a original KML-file exported from "My maps" tool (it is a project trail).
Lustfyllt leverne.KML

/Örjan

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2017 at 14:37 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
I am having trouble importing KML-files. When importing (adding a new trail) several points are way wrong. They are often located in North sea east of Shetland islands. My KML-files are generated from Google's tool "My maps" where I often draw my trails. Importing the KML-file into another tool, e.g. GPSies.com, and then exporting a new KML-file from there, and then importing it to Trailforks works fine (but not within the same import session if I have already imported a "bad" KML-file. I will have to close "add trail" and start all over).

Importing KML-files used to work in the past but have not been working for the last couple of months.

Here is a link to a original KML-file exported from "My maps" tool (it is a project trail).
Lustfyllt leverne.KML

/Örjan

Looking at the source of your KML file seems the problem is there is a newline "\n" after each coordinate. Normally when you export a KML from say Google Earth there is just a space between coords.

If I open in Google Earth then re-save it fixes the file.

Now it seems I have ran into this problem before, because the Trailforks import code already accounts for this and turns a \n into a space. I will add some extra checks, so the file will import properly.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 1:40 Quote
I'm using a Bootstrap tab component and embedding the Region Map widget for different trails in each tab. I tried using the js option, but I get nothing at all. The iframe works fine on the first tab, but for all the other tabs, the map is not properly centered. I tried moving the iframe code from the second tab into the first and the map does center properly, but when I move the same code back to the second tab, it will not center on the correct location. It appears that the map center is located at 0,0 in the iframe, instead of being centered.

The problem is caused by the inactive tabs (div surrounding the iframe) being set to display:none. So when the tabs are initially loaded, the center of the map is at 0,0 of the iframe, because at that point, the iframe is not 800x400, it's 0x0. When the tab becomes active, the div is changed to display:block, but the map center has already been set to 0,0.

Also, setting the iframe width to 100%, instead of fixed value, allows it to be responsive.

Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 4:33 Quote
Great, thank you! :-)

canadaka wrote:
OrjanX wrote:

Lustfyllt leverne.KML

/Örjan

Looking at the source of your KML file seems the problem is there is a newline "\n" after each coordinate. Normally when you export a KML from say Google Earth there is just a space between coords.

If I open in Google Earth then re-save it fixes the file.

Now it seems I have ran into this problem before, because the Trailforks import code already accounts for this and turns a \n into a space. I will add some extra checks, so the file will import properly.

Mod O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
henrifournier wrote:
I'm using a Bootstrap tab component and embedding the Region Map widget for different trails in each tab. I tried using the js option, but I get nothing at all. The iframe works fine on the first tab, but for all the other tabs, the map is not properly centered. I tried moving the iframe code from the second tab into the first and the map does center properly, but when I move the same code back to the second tab, it will not center on the correct location. It appears that the map center is located at 0,0 in the iframe, instead of being centered.

The problem is caused by the inactive tabs (div surrounding the iframe) being set to display:none. So when the tabs are initially loaded, the center of the map is at 0,0 of the iframe, because at that point, the iframe is not 800x400, it's 0x0. When the tab becomes active, the div is changed to display:block, but the map center has already been set to 0,0.

Also, setting the iframe width to 100%, instead of fixed value, allows it to be responsive.

Email me the page your working on. Someone last year had this exact same problem... I forget how we fixed it though!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045058
Mobile Version of Website