Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Nov 30, 2016 at 5:40 Quote
PyroGinger wrote:
I wanna suggest gps tracking for adding trails. you could make an option in the add trail section to track your ride until you turn it off and then add it as a trail for approval or something?

Trailforks doesn't do live tracking. Just upload your whole ride and crop the rest out. If aren't sure where to start and stop it, ride a circle at the end points and you can zoom in to find it later.

Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 4:56 Quote
There should be a feature to display cablecars/funiculars/trains, so further information can be added and one can see, especially in the Alps, where there's the possibility to bail on a climb Wink

Additionally locals could add links to timetables, ticket prices and other helpful tips.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2016 at 23:34 Quote
jmrmuc wrote:
There should be a feature to display cablecars/funiculars/trains, so further information can be added and one can see, especially in the Alps, where there's the possibility to bail on a climb Wink

Additionally locals could add links to timetables, ticket prices and other helpful tips.

We do show lifts on our basemap if the source OSM data is tagged properly to indicate that the lift supports mountain bike uplift.

The appropriate tag we check for is:

aerialway:bicycle = summer

I edited all the appropriate chair lifts in BC myself, so they show on the TF basemap.

Posted: Dec 10, 2016 at 16:55 Quote
New user here...and NO I did not read through 40 pages of this thread to see if this suggestion has already been made, so hold the flaming.

I am uploading several trails from my local area. I have a single strava activity that has all of them mapped in one ride. However ever time I create a "trail" from a crop of that ride, it calls the Strava API again to download the same activity for the next trail, and the next...until I reach the Strava API limit.

It would be nice if there was a way to create multiple trails from a single strava activity without having to go to the API each time to download the same activity.

If this feature already exists...please enlighten me.

Thanks!
Tim

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2016 at 19:31 Quote
all-the-miles wrote:
New user here...and NO I did not read through 40 pages of this thread to see if this suggestion has already been made, so hold the flaming.

I am uploading several trails from my local area. I have a single strava activity that has all of them mapped in one ride. However ever time I create a "trail" from a crop of that ride, it calls the Strava API again to download the same activity for the next trail, and the next...until I reach the Strava API limit.

It would be nice if there was a way to create multiple trails from a single strava activity without having to go to the API each time to download the same activity.

If this feature already exists...please enlighten me.

Thanks!
Tim

Good suggestion. We hope to address our Strava API usage problems this winter. But I could cache the upload and re-use in this case.

For now you can always download the GPX file for your Strava activity via the Strava website, then upload that file each trail add.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 14:40 Quote
Is there any way to add trails to trailforks so that only I can see them? There are quite a few places I ride where the trails are kept secret. I also have some spots where I'm planning to build trails but haven't moved past initial google earth surveying. I currently have some of these spots mapped out in google earth. However, I'd rather use trailforks than google earth, since trailforks has tons of features that google earth doesn't, especially the app.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2016 at 14:55 Quote
The-dirt-farmer wrote:
Is there any way to add trails to trailforks so that only I can see them? There are quite a few places I ride where the trails are kept secret. I also have some spots where I'm planning to build trails but haven't moved past initial google earth surveying. I currently have some of these spots mapped out in google earth. However, I'd rather use trailforks than google earth, since trailforks has tons of features that google earth doesn't, especially the app.

Yes you can mark the trail as hidden. As the author of the trail you should still be able to view the trail page, but you won't see it on the region map or trail lists. If you are a local admin for the region the trail is in, then you can see the hidden trails on the map and list. You can still access a link to the trail from your profile though, where you can see all the trails you've contributed.

We also have a new featured for "planned" trails. They will show as thin lines and have a planned message. A planned trail is often often marked as hidden, so only the author and local admins can view it.

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 8:50 Quote
hey if Simon Piney is watching the Fernie Trailforks page(s) can he contact The Guides Hut please
250 423 3650

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2016 at 19:09 Quote
Are there any plans to add an OS (ordance survey) layer to trailforks? Through things like bing maps you can get online OS maps (of the UK at least). It would be great to have that option in trailforks

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 26, 2016 at 17:37 Quote
mattg95 wrote:
Are there any plans to add an OS (ordance survey) layer to trailforks? Through things like bing maps you can get online OS maps (of the UK at least). It would be great to have that option in trailforks

You mean this ugly thing? http://os.tileserver.com/
I have added layers like this regionally, in France, New Zealand, China.

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 at 21:22 Quote
Not sure why, but a recent hike i recorded (as a hike) on strava, popped up as a ride on trailforks (auto import). Hasn't happened in the past, has something changed? I don't necessarily want to share my hike data with TF for reasons, and don't want to mark it private on strava for others. I'm assuming this is just a bug?

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 4:34 Quote
Somehow the Admin tab shows there is some content that need approval, but I cant see it
photo

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 5:44 Quote
Just read this article
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/michigan-meandering-exploring-ups-best-singletrack-freehub-video-2016.html

And I noticed the Great Lakes where colored the same as the land. Could you update the map 'fills' for larger bodies of water to be blue. It is easier on the eyes.

Mod O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
lostlunchbox wrote:
Not sure why, but a recent hike i recorded (as a hike) on strava, popped up as a ride on trailforks (auto import). Hasn't happened in the past, has something changed? I don't necessarily want to share my hike data with TF for reasons, and don't want to mark it private on strava for others. I'm assuming this is just a bug?

thanks for reporting this! Just started switching over to the Strava PUSH api last week, which means faster syncing. But seems there is a bug, fixing it now.

bigquotesAnd I noticed the Great Lakes where colored the same as the land. Could you update the map 'fills' for larger bodies of water to be blue. It is easier on the eyes.

Seems this is an issue with zoom level 5 and lower. If you zoom in they are there. We will fix that though.

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 at 13:32 Quote
The stats for Israel look bit odd -
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014270
Mobile Version of Website