Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks Website Feedback & Suggestions
Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 11:54 Quote
canadaka wrote:
ralley wrote:
When attempting to confirm new regions that have been added if I follow the region link from the confirm page I get an error: "Message: Region is not published". This makes it impossible to confirm the region details are correct before adding a confirm or reject vote. Following the similar link for trails works fine.
Rob.

I don't think I ever knew about this. I can view them being a super admin, so was unaware this was happening.

Looks like regions can be previewed from the confirm page now, thanks that will make things much easier. Just one quibble: Unlike trails when I preview regions I don't see the confirm/reject option on the preview page so there is no chance to enter a reason for rejecting and no way to view other peoples reject comments.

Thanks, Rob.

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 11:33 Quote
Still waiting for an answer here. Posted on the 7:th of October. Confused

OrjanX wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to add some routes to my region of Dillingby in Sweden. This region uses the Uk/Euro style trail grading system, but when adding routes Trailforks only presents me with the IMBA rating system. And I can't change it to anything else. Why?

Cheers!

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2017 at 14:48 Quote
OrjanX wrote:
Still waiting for an answer here. Posted on the 7:th of October. Confused

OrjanX wrote:
Hi!

I'm trying to add some routes to my region of Dillingby in Sweden. This region uses the Uk/Euro style trail grading system, but when adding routes Trailforks only presents me with the IMBA rating system. And I can't change it to anything else. Why?

Cheers!

This is fixed now, the route will take the system that the region uses.

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 7:18 Quote
canadaka wrote:
jaspermountainman wrote:
Possible to make the "winter" layer in mapping an option on the general overview rather than having to select a region?

Cheers

Andrew

I've added to my list, will add this winter/spring.

I see that you've added the "Winter Trails" layer to the nearby overview, however when I select it, all of the trails continue to display instead of just the winter ones. If I go into regional view the Winter layer works as it should. (Jasper Alberta)

Thanks for following up on this request so quickly Smile

Cheers

Andrew

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
Fat Bike is not an option for suggested bike type when making Routes. Could this be fixed for winter riding?
Andrew

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2017 at 19:37 Quote
the winter mode on the nearby map should be fixed. Also routes have more bike options.

Posted: Feb 15, 2017 at 22:59 Quote
lostlunchbox wrote:
Any way to include small braids/alt lines into a trail without having to create an entirely separate trail? ie:multiple start and finish points for one listing.

This was asked some time ago, any news? Will it be possible in the future? Or should we split the trails in multiple parts?

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 16, 2017 at 11:58 Quote
pufi wrote:
lostlunchbox wrote:
Any way to include small braids/alt lines into a trail without having to create an entirely separate trail? ie:multiple start and finish points for one listing.

This was asked some time ago, any news? Will it be possible in the future? Or should we split the trails in multiple parts?

This is not something planned. Add as separate trails, name alt line or connector.

Posted: Feb 18, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
I was just browsing around and stumbled on "Most Popular Ridelog Routes in Region".
That was a great idea, nice addition. Of course the data was moderately skewed by races but great idea none the less!

Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 8:14 Quote
What level of Admin does it require for a user to be able to see the 'Admin' tab?
I'm trying to open up 'Export Custom Print Maps' to our club's web guy, but I don't want to give too much permission. I used my test account to give it just 'Region Admin' in the hopes it would have the tab but not give it the ability to see the hidden or make any modifications. No luck, no 'Admin' tab visible on that account.
It did however, allow me to use the link (via copy paste into different browser) to 'Export Custom Print Maps' on her account, I just can't see a tab to browse to it.
Hopefully this will work for the web guy.

Attempting to give access to the Admin tab on the region. Trying to gain access to the Admin Links

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2017 at 23:04 Quote
Crapalier wrote:
I was just browsing around and stumbled on "Most Popular Ridelog Routes in Region".
That was a great idea, nice addition. Of course the data was moderately skewed by races but great idea none the less!

thanks I added that recently, I can all the ridelogs in a region and try and determine the most popular routes and offer a couple routes with different distances. This will also be in the next app update, these popular routes will be at the top when viewing a trials ridelog tab in the app.

Regarding the region admin tab, it seems right now it being shown is tied to the "edit" permission. Accessing the full features of the printmap tool its currently open to users with ANY regional admin permissions.

I'll be adding a link to the printmap tool in the menu somewhere at somepoint. There is now a link to it that zooms the map to a specific trail on the new trail download page I just added.
Example: https://www.trailforks.com/trails/roller-coaster-19030/download/

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 0:22 Quote
Misplaced POI Parking.

There's no option to flag POIs or edit the locations other than moving the marker on the map, so I guess i have to report the fault here.

The POI for this parking (https://www.trailforks.com/poi/12807/) is on the correct placement on the map, still says it's in Sweden >> Uppland. The correct location is Sweden >> Skåne >> Kristianstad >> Vångaberget.

Is this something someone can correct, or just a matter of waiting for the system to relocate automaticly?

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 1:28 Quote
GPS data..

Just a thought... There seems to be quite a few trails which are being uploaded without GPS data. Would it be an idea to make GPS data a requirement before a trail can be added?

Mod O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 1:45 Quote
ollesvensk wrote:
Misplaced POI Parking.

There's no option to flag POIs or edit the locations other than moving the marker on the map, so I guess i have to report the fault here.

The POI for this parking (https://www.trailforks.com/poi/12807/) is on the correct placement on the map, still says it's in Sweden >> Uppland. The correct location is Sweden >> Skåne >> Kristianstad >> Vångaberget.

Is this something someone can correct, or just a matter of waiting for the system to relocate automaticly?

Fixing the POI page so there is a flag link. The problem with editing POI's is it trys to auto-determin the region hierarchy based on the closes region. But it uses the region marker, so even though a POI should be in one region, if its physically closer to another regions red marker, it will be associated with it instead. I'll see if I can change this, to instead find the closest trail to the POI and use that trails region.

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 5:25 Quote
canadaka wrote:
ollesvensk wrote:
Misplaced POI Parking.

Fixing the POI page so there is a flag link. The problem with editing POI's is it trys to auto-determin the region hierarchy based on the closes region. But it uses the region marker, so even though a POI should be in one region, if its physically closer to another regions red marker, it will be associated with it instead. I'll see if I can change this, to instead find the closest trail to the POI and use that trails region.

I figured it was something like that, so now I checked the pin for Uppland and moved it to the correct location on the map. Thanks Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014630
Mobile Version of Website