Where to get a 26x3.0 inch tyre

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Where to get a 26x3.0 inch tyre
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 16:01 Quote
In need of advice of where to get a three inch wide dh tyre for a 26 inch rim can get for 24s but that's no use to me I've got the frame space just need to find somewhere that retails it

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
I ended up getting a pair from unicycle.com.

It seems like the Duro Wildlife Leopard is the only one that's still in existence. That's too bad. Cry

After reading up on 650B+, such as WTB's 2.75x2.8" tire, that can be used in many existing 29er frames, I thought maybe the 26+ would be making its way back with all these 650B frames showing up.

Yeah, it's a disadvantage when it comes to cornering and it won't ever be as good as a legit fat bike, but it is a sweet compromise. It appealed to me because I was interested in a full suspension fat bike, currently made by only 2 companies and soon to be a 3rd.

Since full suspension fat bikes are a rare breed, I thought I'd try out these Duro 26x3.0" tires in the meanwhile, and I'm rather happy with the results.

photo
From left to right: Maxxis Ardent, 27.5x2.25; Duro Wildlife 26x3.0; Intense Edge 26x2.5

photo
From left to right: Maxxis Ardent, 27.5x2.25; Duro Wildlife 26x3.0; Intense Edge 26x2.5

photo
The actual width of the Duro was the same as the Intense Edge, but it's a much taller tire as shown from previous photos above. Both measured 69mm across with my dial caliper.

photo
photo
Note that the Maxxis Ardent 27.5" tire is closer to the camera (objects closer to the lens appear larger).

photo
photo

Though my bike is a 26er by design, there was plenty of space for the 26x3.0" tires.

I'm not the type of rider who is trying to bar scrub every corner, so I've been pleasantly happy with the ride quality. At lower psi, the tire forms around the terrain making it great for slower technical stuff. It does great floating on sand. I haven't tried snow yet. Since I did put it on a downhill bike with 8" of travel, pedaling uphill has always sucked, so I didn't notice much of a difference there. The extra air volume is awesome for jumps.

It would be great to see 26x3.0" tires make a come back. It probably won't happen, but it would be cool.

I'd also like to see someone lace up a 21" moto rim to a bicycle hub and run a 21" moto tire. The diameter is roughly 27.5." lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008465
Mobile Version of Website