Crashing question

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2014 at 11:54 Quote
Hey guys, just had a quick question.

I wanted to ask how easy is it to go otb and actually land on the top of your head with your body at 90° to the ground or more (basically with your legs and body straight on top of your head) or landing straight on your back? And what would cause you to actually crash like that (like a screwing up a drop or getting kicked forward really badly on a jump?)?

Thanks!!

Posted: May 10, 2014 at 16:39 Quote
lots can happen in a crash, anything IS possible. im thinking a steep section with a whoop in the middle, weight too far foreward and BAM down you go. but really its a vague question.

why is this a concern ?
Salute

Posted: May 13, 2014 at 7:41 Quote
dmadness wrote:
lots can happen in a crash, anything IS possible. im thinking a steep section with a whoop in the middle, weight too far foreward and BAM down you go. but really its a vague question.

why is this a concern ?
Salute
well, I have kind of a block on paralysis, so I was wondering if its simple to achieve the crashing mechanic necessary to severally break your back. I realised though the fall must really be extremely akward, like flipping upside down folded in half and fall straight on the top of your back, or fall straight down in a scorpion position

FL
Posted: May 13, 2014 at 17:15 Quote
Go to a sports psychologist instead of asking people online who are not qualified to help with these types of psychological issues.

Posted: May 13, 2014 at 17:48 Quote
lots CAN happen on a bike at any given time... you do what you can to minimize the risks and accept that there are some inherent risks in the sport. know your limits and how far you are prepared to push them.. work from there.

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 2:19 Quote
Haha, yeah! Anyways, my head is starting to think straight again so I'm all good, but thanks Smile

Posted: May 29, 2014 at 11:11 Quote
I had such a crash when I was first starting out... I came off a blind drop too far to the side and landed in a stack of tree limbs/sticks/brush. My front wheel got stuck and I catapulted over the front landing straight on my head... I ended up with a partially collapsed disc and some pretty nasty scars.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011249
Mobile Version of Website