Pike 35mm seals in Boxxers?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Pike 35mm seals in Boxxers?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 8, 2014 at 3:25 Quote
Been wondering if anyone had done this with succesful long term results?
Newer pikes have 35mm stanchions, and there could be a possible match there.
Wanting to do this, as the pike doesn't use oil seals, just foam rings, and the wipers are for keeping dirt out and oil in!
My goal is to make the boxxer more small bump sensitive.

Posted: May 13, 2014 at 5:45 Quote
Just letting know that i did put pike seals in my boxxer, and they do fit, and seem way better than the boxxer ones...!

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2014 at 15:56 Quote
I tried this as well. I noticed a moderate difference. I concerns me however that the foam ring is a bit too small for the space it is now sitting in... I might try to find an additional foam ring for each side to cram down in there.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 22:39 Quote
Just put pike seals in my boxxer. I have a race this weekend, a week of park riding, and a race next weekend, I will post my results as to how they hold up, but so far my impression is very positive, the fork feels much more sensitive.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 22:24 Quote
How did they hold up?

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 22:27 Quote
Raced and rode them all season, including 10 consecutive days in Whistler. Held up really well, much more sensitive, and I had no leakage issues with them. Definitely an upgrade to consider, will be the the first thing I do to my 2015 boxxer.

Posted: Dec 6, 2014 at 20:25 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
Raced and rode them all season, including 10 consecutive days in Whistler. Held up really well, much more sensitive, and I had no leakage issues with them. Definitely an upgrade to consider, will be the the first thing I do to my 2015 boxxer.

Pike seals rock in a boxxer AND a lyrik...cant think of a single reason to go back to the original seals

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 21:31 Quote
PraisedaMTBgods wrote:
david-lemieux wrote:

Pike seals rock in a boxxer AND a lyrik...cant think of a single reason to go back to the original seals

Just got a new lyrik rc2dh solo air and notice a lot of stiction and wanted to know if there are spacing issues if I switched over to pike seals.

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 4:59 Quote
Any picture for that guys?

Posted: May 18, 2015 at 9:38 Quote
I've been running a foam ring and dust wipers in several boxxer's for the last 3-4 years. Keep up on changing your lube oil and you will be nothing but happy with this little change.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010138
Mobile Version of Website