Strong Wheels.

PB Forum :: 29ers
Strong Wheels.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 11, 2014 at 4:44 Quote
Hi. Looking to upgrade the wheelset on my SB95. Current wheels have a little too much flex for my liking and looking for something that can handle an Alpine trip so looking for a 29er equivalent of an AM set if such a thing exists. My riding weight is 17stone/230 lbs. Anybody else of a similar weight have a Good strong set they can recommend? I understand that 29ers will always have a degree of flex but want to minimise it. Will consider complete sets or building my own. No real budget in mind. Just need to know what other riders experiences are. Cheers.

O+
Posted: May 20, 2014 at 9:35 Quote
Look at the Stan's Flow for something is a bit more AM'ish. You could also go with something like the AM Wide Lightening or even 30mm+ carbon rims from Light Bicycle or Derby (though those are $$$$). I am giving Halo 29r Disc/Vapour a try on my trailbike at 26mm wide (external).

Posted: May 25, 2014 at 13:18 Quote
Thanks for the reply. Have been offered the American Classics AM at a bargain price. Would be stupid not to try them. I have had the Lightbicycle rims recommended a few times now. Will consider them for a future upgrade to my Mega. Hopefully the AMC's will be nice & stiff at 28mm wide. They get good reviews as well.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009420
Mobile Version of Website