Halo Supa Drive bearing removal

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Halo Supa Drive bearing removal
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 18, 2014 at 12:57 Quote
Just looking for a little info on how to remove the non drive side bearing from a Halo Supa Drive rear hub. I have taken the drive side bearing out with no problem but the non drive side seems to be sealed in.
Is there any particular method on how to remove it without damaging the hub shell?

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 1:34 Quote
Anyone got any thoughts?....

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 11:24 Quote
Just replacing the bearings on my SupaDrive.
Same problem as you I wondered if you worked it out.
From looking at it I think the steel insert that holds the pawls may unscrew from the aluminum body.

Just out of interest did you bearings fail early? I have had 3-4 months riding already had to replace the fron wheel (halo) bearings, now the rear. I am thinking they have used cheap bearings.

Cheers Dave

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 3:58 Quote
wookie73 wrote:
Just replacing the bearings on my SupaDrive.
Same problem as you I wondered if you worked it out.
From looking at it I think the steel insert that holds the pawls may unscrew from the aluminum body.

Just out of interest did you bearings fail early? I have had 3-4 months riding already had to replace the fron wheel (halo) bearings, now the rear. I am thinking they have used cheap bearings.

Cheers Dave
From what I remember mate, the drive side is held in with a threaded washer with 2 holes in it?? I kind of tapped them with a screw driver and hammer cc/wise, this released the bearing.
My bearings were OK until I started messing with them to change the axle.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009209
Mobile Version of Website