Whistler Bound - looking for a private guide/instructor for 4 days

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Whistler Bound - looking for a private guide/instructor for 4 days
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 21, 2014 at 6:10 Quote
Hi Folks,
My son and I are returning on our fourth trip to Whistler this August and we will be riding there 8/2 - 8/7. I'm looking for a recommendation on guides/coaches that can help with 4 (half) days of private instruction for him. In the past we have used the instructors at Whistler and the DFX Camp; they have been great - but I am looking for alternatives.

I am planning 4 morning sessions (3hrs each, the first one on Sunday the 3rd). These sessions are just for my 10 year old son, so it is 1:1 and the instructor should be experienced with coaching youth riders. He rides Advanced trails; the instructor will have fun. He is primarily visual/kinesthetic learner...but I really need a coach that can get through to him via explanation of fundamentals too...that's where having experience dealing with youth will come in handy.

Suggestions!?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Posted: Jun 11, 2014 at 23:47 Quote
OldRanger wrote:
Hi Folks,
My son and I are returning on our fourth trip to Whistler this August and we will be riding there 8/2 - 8/7. I'm looking for a recommendation on guides/coaches that can help with 4 (half) days of private instruction for him. In the past we have used the instructors at Whistler and the DFX Camp; they have been great - but I am looking for alternatives.

I am planning 4 morning sessions (3hrs each, the first one on Sunday the 3rd). These sessions are just for my 10 year old son, so it is 1:1 and the instructor should be experienced with coaching youth riders. He rides Advanced trails; the instructor will have fun. He is primarily visual/kinesthetic learner...but I really need a coach that can get through to him via explanation of fundamentals too...that's where having experience dealing with youth will come in handy.

Suggestions!?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Andy - anyone respond to this yet via PMs? If not I'll dig up some names

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2014 at 17:06 Quote
I would call guest services and ask to set up a private request with someone with lots of kids experience, this much time in advance they should be able to sort it out!

O+
Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 19:47 Quote
Thanks folks, for the ideas. After some looking around...I'm gonna try ZEP Techniques for 3 days and see how that goes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008589
Mobile Version of Website