How to start racing downhill?

PB Forum :: Beginners
How to start racing downhill?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 4:49 Quote
Send me a picture of your bike. If you want to start racing downhill you need at least 160mm of travel 200mm is recommended. If your new to the sport I'd recommend a giant glory I currently own a 2024 models and know so many other people riding them but really all you want is a bike with 200mm travel good brakes and gears and strong frame.

You'll probably want to start on a easier track just to get the feel of what racing really about and how to do it all. I'd recommend going along to a shuttle day somewhere first and get to know what happens.

If you want to be really fast and good id recommend getting a spin bike and training hard on that a lot and doing a lot of exercises. I'm currently training for a downhill series and I've been doing all off that. What you should do is find your local downhill track and find some berms and rock gardens and just practice picking lines and try to hit things differently to see what suites you best I'd also recommending trying to brake as least as possible when in a rockgared because you'll loose your speed and you can't pedal through a rockgarden. Find a track your comfortable on and used to and start it in your self on it racing against the clock and try to beat your friends.

I'd recommend buying your gear from chain reaction cycles because there always having sales and they have great deals and varieties of stuff. Also when your buying helmets or protection don't try going for the really cheap stuff because that's not the best stuff that's going to really help when you need it.

If you want to become pro your going to need to be training quite often and it does take quite a lot of commitment.

Thanks for reading this and sorry if I made mistakes because I haven't re read it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.100851
Mobile Version of Website