2007 big hit 3 noob

PB Forum :: Specialized
2007 big hit 3 noob
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 13, 2014 at 3:35 Quote
ok noob here today i brought my first fully a 2007 big hit 3 nice and brown.... over the last couple of days ive gone through about 160 pages looking for helpfull info so i have some idea of what i have the bike has only had one owner and the guy rode the bike for 6 months and has been in the basement ever since everything is stock and in ok condition even has orignal tyres and grips will put a photo up tomorrow, now i know the forks are the 888 rv so you cant adjust the pre load ? is my only option to add oil and get the stiffer springs ? also i noticed the rebound adjuster turns about 4mm and does nothing. the fork is really soft well to me ive only ridden it up the drive atm but im 82kg so im guessing im a bit heavy.

the rear seems stiff on the other hand well at the first point you put pressure on it is that normal ?

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 15:52 Quote
this your first dh bike?

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 1:47 Quote
mattFSR-RTD wrote:
this your first dh bike?

yes ive changed a few things since this post and bike rides pretty good ive put in a 500 spring in the rear shock put a 2.5 minion dhf on and just put a set of sram guide breaks on

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 7:40 Quote
Youre going to want to check the sag on the fork before buying new springs straight away. Alot can be done by changeing the oil weight.

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 23:49 Quote
gerhards wrote:
Youre going to want to check the sag on the fork before buying new springs straight away. Alot can be done by changeing the oil weight.

yeah ive changed the bike alot now, blew fork seals got bike shop to service them he put heavier weight oil in them new seals etc

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.076354
Mobile Version of Website