SRAM Guide RSC brakes? Anyone touched them yet?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
SRAM Guide RSC brakes? Anyone touched them yet?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 14:02 Quote
I am in the market for some new brakes to replace my SLX on my AM bike. I have been a Shimano brake fan for the longest time, but i truly prefer SRAM as a company.

The new Guide RSC has my attention because the finally ditched the taperbore technology.

I've read all the info, seen the reviews, but nothing written by an ubiased reviewer that wasnt given a free set of brakes with the intention of a writing a positive review.

How do they feel? Im sure the power will be more than good enough, Im mostly concerned with lever feel, as I love the way my SLX and XT brakes feel, but am hoping the new SRAM brakes feel as good.

Any first hand experience yet?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SRAM_MTB_GUIDE_RSC-Brakes.jpg

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 15:40 Quote
No one in the industry has anything on these yet?

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
f*ck it, ordered them anyways. Guess I'll be the first one with the brand new brakes!

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 8:36 Quote
Please let us know how they work out. I'm also interested in these brakes, but the "reviews" do seem a bit biased.

Good luck!

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 11:08 Quote
A quick review from a friend (and I trust him 100%) is that it's really powerful (a bit more than his X0 Trails), has a very crisp yet Avid-like style lever.

As for reliability, they can't aford to release a brake that is unreliable. Shimano has gained too many shares on the first mount market, too many people complaining about the unreliability of the old Elixirs. So I wouldn't worry on this part.

I've got a set of X0 Trail that I need to put on a bike for a test, but I might end up ordering a set of Guides (I've always been a big fan of the Avid lever feel)

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 20:25 Quote
id like to know what you think i was looking at a set of slx's for my dh bike and guy said i could try these instead so be interesting to know what you think of them ive only had avid juicys on any of my bikes wanting to upgrade

Posted: Jul 24, 2014 at 20:42 Quote
Dig 'em!!! havent installed yet, but initial lever feel is amazing. A slightly firm pull than the SLX, but a very clean and crisp break, like the Shimano stuff. So far Im a fan!

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 0:30 Quote
Damn you, now I want a set ...

Do you know if it fits Hope floating rotors without a faf? (the X0 Trail needs some machining on the caliper to prevent the rivets from touching it)

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 1:45 Quote
i brought a set of the r's couldnt get the rsc model yet rode on them for first time today i liked them good feel and power

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 19:33 Quote
Pretty sweet, feel awesome, cant wait to get them on the trails.

photo

photo

photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022057
Mobile Version of Website