GT All Terra free hub replacement

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
GT All Terra free hub replacement
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 12:46 Quote
Looking to replace a freehub from a GT wheelset. They are gt all terra hubs. From all my searching on google; when people took the freehub apart they found no marking to indicate who made them. Has anyone replaced them or what would be the best route to finding a replacement?

2012 GT All-Terra Wheelset 15mm 135mm QR
  2012 GT All-Terra Wheelset 15mm/135mm QR

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 13:26 Quote
Geez. I was just wondering this too

Posted: Sep 26, 2014 at 12:34 Quote
Uglyduckling36 wrote:
Geez. I was just wondering this too

I took it to 2 bike shops and they tried out different freehub bodies and nothing matched. When the freehub goes out on you that's it.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 15:21 Quote
Animalistik wrote:
Looking to replace a freehub from a GT wheelset. They are gt all terra hubs. From all my searching on google; when people took the freehub apart they found no marking to indicate who made them. Has anyone replaced them or what would be the best route to finding a replacement?

unfortunately, I am also looking for a replacement since these hubs are POC. After a few dh rides on my 2013 gt fury 2.0, I found out that the pawls have seized caused by the grease drying up or maybe bad springs. who knows what kind of hubs they are...Really Mad

not really worth getting the same brand..GTs are known for cheap hubs...

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 1:35 Quote
patrickyazon wrote:
Animalistik wrote:

unfortunately, I am also looking for a replacement since these hubs are POC. After a few dh rides on my 2013 gt fury 2.0, I found out that the pawls have seized caused by the grease drying up or maybe bad springs. who knows what kind of hubs they are...Really Mad

not really worth getting the same brand..GTs are known for cheap hubs...

I contacted GT but I got no response, doubt they will ever respond.

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 9:52 Quote
get a pair of outlaws for under $400 Wink ..best bang for your buck...

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 15:02 Quote
I found the freehub body on Amazon.com
For about $35. if I remember correctly.
They are Salsa Hubs but labeled GT.
Pretty decent quality and worth fixing.

Posted: Nov 25, 2014 at 15:03 Quote
Salsa Mukluk Hub I believe

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 22:25 Quote
Uglyduckling36 wrote:

Thank you! Saves me a huge headache and dropping a lot of cash.

Posted: Jul 20, 2015 at 2:57 Quote
Well I have a GT zaskar Comp of 2015, after 6 months my freehub also died.Grease, thin grind, cold mud and rain...After all its Scandinavia over here....
Anybody know what hubs are on this...Gt all terra alloy centrelock does not say anything usefull to me and the suggestion of GT Deanmark was to go to their representative spare parts shop to get a freehub... Thats rougly 670km from my place....pretty good GT! Just don't say whats on to make me pay for a 130 $ trip for a freehub part!!

I will upload photos maybe you can help Frown

Posted: Aug 1, 2020 at 22:29 Quote
I found a freehub chart made by Cannondale that lists all the specialized models trek models and gt models hub part numbers. The al tera hubs on the gt verb expert is a SRAM hub that requires an 11mm Allen wrench the part number is FH-04 DC-1422 - KP413. Check this out
https://www.cannondaleanswers.com/cannondale-bike-replacement-freehub-body-compatibility-charts/

Posted: Apr 26, 2023 at 17:44 Quote
Uglyduckling36 wrote:

I can confirm that this freehub is the one. I just completed my repair and it's really straightforward once diagnosed. I could have simply ordered a new pawl clip after finding that it snapped but the peace of mind of a new freehub for an additional $30 was worth it for me

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013804
Mobile Version of Website