Is there a difference between specialized status and specialized demo

PB Forum :: Downhill
Is there a difference between specialized status and specialized demo
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 11:30 Quote
Im looking for a downhill bike and I like the look of the demo but I've never been on one only the status and I loved it, is there a big difference between them?

Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 10:39 Quote
Yes. The demo is slacker, and less rider friendly. Thats a good thing if your really pushing the limits, but if youre just boppin' around the bike park or your local shuttle spot, you might enjoy the status better. Its got that fun factor thats hard to emulate

The status is still very capable of dh trails, but its definitely a better intermediate bike. However, If you plan on biking a ton and progressing your skills fast, get the demo. Itll be better down the road. And ive heard the demo is more easily adjusted to than other dh bikes.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 8:42 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
Yes. The demo is slacker, and less rider friendly. Thats a good thing if your really pushing the limits, but if youre just boppin' around the bike park or your local shuttle spot, you might enjoy the status better. Its got that fun factor thats hard to emulate

The status is still very capable of dh trails, but its definitely a better intermediate bike. However, If you plan on biking a ton and progressing your skills fast, get the demo. Itll be better down the road. And ive heard the demo is more easily adjusted to than other dh bikes.

Ok brilliant, thanks a lot defiantly made my mind up now, I'm wanting to do a lot more racing. so the demo it is!

Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 16:24 Quote
i know that you might have bought a bike but i like the status more then the demo because it has more ground clearance and it doesn't have all that suspension crap in the back but the demo does have a nice rear spring and the fork is nice

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010199
Mobile Version of Website