Fractures calcaneus and talus, how long out?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Fractures calcaneus and talus, how long out?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 15:21 Quote
I know there is no set answer for this since it's different for each case. I have fractured both my calcaneus and talus twice each, sounds bad but docs said it should heel up fine with no on going issues.

I can't weightbare at all for min 6 weeks so I've been told. I'm guessing id be looking at minimum 8 weeks until I get back on the bike and then it would prob only be cycling down the road to gently build up strength.

Any ideas on recovery time and any advice?

Thanks

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 15:24 Quote
Oh here's a piccy about an hour after it happened and me thinking I've gotten away with a sprain! https://i.imgur.com/Qo6jEOV.jpg

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 22:53 Quote
calcans fracture is painfull to rehab but it happens fairly quick, the talas is a bigger pain in the ass but same deal, if you ride dh then plan to not be full potential for around 3 months, if fractured both of these in the past, stretch as soon as the doc says you can and walk asap also,

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 22:54 Quote
traumeel is wonderfull homeopathic cream for injurys and pain, it works wonders.. stay out of the hot tub with thise injurys trust me on this one, Smile

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 10:21 Quote
Hey dude, it's been nearly two and half months now and have been off crutches walking for about 3 weeks. Still have a lot of tendon and ligament pain so need to sort physio. I think I'm going to be out for longer than 3 months! Don't think I'll be riding back at 100% for 4 - 5 months. I guess every case is different, seems I've done a lot of collateral damage.

Here's my CT scan.. http://imgur.com/jGuB8HO

The little broken floating bit at the back of the talus was apparently done years ago! I was lucky there was no displacement on this fracture or I'd be full of metal.

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 11:05 Quote
I endured much pain in the learning to walk time on recovery
. You'll make it.. do physio non stop except for resting.

Posted: Mar 3, 2015 at 7:59 Quote
Hey everyone,

I broke both of my calcaneus, and my right ankel on the 8th of december 2014. No surgery as everything was aligned. had to be in a weelchair for about 2,5months. But finaly I was aloud to start walking with crutches. Is is painfull!
And if I stand for about 5 to 10 mins my ankels swell up. is that normal?
And can go back riding again as I rode?
Thanks

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 at 17:02 Quote
skeletal cells take 3 months to recover, physio varies on the person and the mechanisim of injury. I wager you will be 3 months minimum out of riding.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012427
Mobile Version of Website