My back wheel rubs against frame and my bike ghost pedals

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
My back wheel rubs against frame and my bike ghost pedals
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 21:16 Quote
Hey guys, This is gonna be pretty long so strap on. I Recently turn my bike ( Kink Gap XL 2012) to make Adam LZ's "Indoor Bike" witch is inflating balls in between the drop outs and using it in my house. It worked very well but, i was unaware that doing this would bend my forks and the rear drop outs of my Bike, i tried putting my bike together today and the forks and frame where bent I managed to get the front wheel on and got it bent back in place but when I try to put the back wheel on it goes to one side and the tire rubs against the frame. When I try to straighten it out and make the chain really tight it works for like three minutes then the tire starts rubbing again and my chain gets REALLY lose, Please help me!! Also my pedals randomly move forward without me pedaling. The indoor bike can be seen in the video below.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 21:58 Quote
probably tweaked your frame man

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 at 11:35 Quote
Yea ive made one of those and yes it can f*ck up your frame, you can try bending it back gently but itll never be the same, if you dont want to buy a new frame you can try getting it realligned at your lbs. I used an old cracked frame so it didnt matter. As for the ghost pedaling, its a problem with your rear hub. The pawls are most likely super stiff causing your hub driver to kind of lock up instead of a smooth clicking. To fix this just remove your rear wheel and take apart your hub, de-rust, de-grease and then regrease all metal-metal contact and make sure your pawls all spring back and push down smoothly, if that doesnt work it could be one of your bearings.

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 at 21:47 Quote
my front wheel is fine but my back wheel is a little better today than it was yesterday but I cannot have a tight chain witch pisses me off, thanks for the message, the ghost pedaling isn't much of a big deal for me just kind of annoying sounds to complicated to fix also.

Posted: Jul 18, 2014 at 21:51 Quote
Also I would like to add that I used to have the rubbing frame problem about a month or so ago and it fixed itself but I also put a washer between the dropout and the hub by mistake yesterday that could have been a factor in why it rubbed against the frame.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008215
Mobile Version of Website