Big Guy Transformation

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Big Guy Transformation
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 18, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
I've riden bikes all my life. BMX, roadbike, couple year ago I bought a specialized rockhopper disc. Always enjoyed going out for a ride.

Couple years ago I had a subluxation in my shoulder from a skiing accident. Didn't know it at the time but recuring pain brought me to the doctor. Long story short, an MRI and a bunch of physical therapy later I could start getting back into normal life.

Being partially inactive had a cost and I put on a bunch of weight. I don't know what I weighed at the time because I never checked. I was 340 lbs. after everything and felt terrible.

Last couple months I've been spinning on the stationary in the gym at work every night to build up some more leg strength and stamina. Started out riding for 30 minutes and getting in about 7 maybe 8 mile rides. Now I'm riding for 45 minutes at 14 miles, I just hit 15 miles in 45 minutes the other night (sustaining a 20 mph pedal for 45 minutes isn't to shabby).

I've lost 20 lbs. so far, more importantly 5" off the middle and 2" off my waist. I guess I'm building muscle as fast as I'm losing weight at the moment. Legs have stopped burning for the most part unless I really push it. Shoulders hurt more than anything from leaning over the bars, that should go away as I lose more weight I hope.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out and actually ride. Working later into the night and actually getting a good ride in is difficult. I'm excited to see how the work in the gym is paying off on my actual riding.

Posted: Jul 19, 2014 at 7:36 Quote
Excellent job, congrats. What did you change nutrition wise?

Posted: Jul 20, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
Nutrition wise, I'm consuming mostly vegetables and fruit. I eat some tuna fish or chicken every day. I have not been eating much pasta. Any kind of carbonated beverage is a thing of the past. I do pick something to splurg on once a week pizza, pasta, etc.

When I wake up I take glutamine, creatine, an omega 3, and CLA. When I get home after work and a work out I take everything again except for the CLA.

Posted: Jul 21, 2014 at 5:50 Quote
BigOtto wrote:

When I wake up I take glutamine, creatine, an omega 3, and CLA. When I get home after work and a work out I take everything again except for the CLA.

What are the supplements for?

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 8:07 Quote
Glutamine for to speed recovery as well as creatine. omega 3 is just general health, CLA weight loss/control.

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 9:00 Quote
BigOtto wrote:

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out and actually ride. Working later into the night and actually getting a good ride in is difficult. I'm excited to see how the work in the gym is paying off on my actual riding.

This is better than doing nothing. Keep it going!!!

Posted: Jul 3, 2016 at 7:02 Quote
BigOtto wrote:
I've riden bikes all my life. BMX, roadbike, couple year ago I bought a specialized rockhopper disc. Always enjoyed going out for a ride.

Couple years ago I had a subluxation in my shoulder from a skiing accident. Didn't know it at the time but recuring pain brought me to the doctor. Long story short, an MRI and a bunch of physical therapy later I could start getting back into normal life.

Being partially inactive had a cost and I put on a bunch of weight. I don't know what I weighed at the time because I never checked. I was 340 lbs. after everything and felt terrible.

Last couple months I've been spinning on the stationary in the gym at work every night to build up some more leg strength and stamina. Started out riding for 30 minutes and getting in about 7 maybe 8 mile rides. Now I'm riding for 45 minutes at 14 miles, I just hit 15 miles in 45 minutes the other night (sustaining a 20 mph pedal for 45 minutes isn't to shabby).

I've lost 20 lbs. so far, more importantly 5" off the middle and 2" off my waist. I guess I'm building muscle as fast as I'm losing weight at the moment. Legs have stopped burning for the most part unless I really push it. Shoulders hurt more than anything from leaning over the bars, that should go away as I lose more weight I hope.

I have same problem.I'm most of the time a big guy so i weight around 100 kg (it's just normal for me) but lately due to my 2 works i didn't do much.I guess that working from 6 am to 6 pm and sometimes after i finish one job i go to second one isn't helping no to mention that having shit food (because any fast made food isn't going to be healthy).No to mention that i'm beat up like a horse after western movie so moving my ass to any workout is hard.So i droped a bike and started to run more with my sister (not much something like 5 km) and just doing James Wilson KB program so far it's nice.

It's funny how active i used to be as teen.I did MX,BMX,4X,Runing,Swiming,Windsurfing,Soccer,Boxing and Kendo. And right now i don't have time for most fun things because of work ;(

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 12:21 Quote
I lost a lot of weight early last summer by going on a calorie restricted diet. Physical exercise is important, but basal metabolic rate constitutes something like 70% of your calorie use, so increasing your activity level will only go so far. I guess that's the good news for those of us who have professional or social obligations that limit physical activity.

I've found that eating the right things makes a big difference in both how I felt physically and how it satiated my appetite when I did eat.

Look into eating legumes (pulses) such as chickpeas, lentils, beans and the like. Prepared properly they can be both filling, tasty and very nutritional. I've never experienced any of the gastrointestinal issues like bloating using chickpeas, lentils or mung beans.

There's tons of information on the web on this topic.

http://www.veganricha.com/ has some excellent recipes. Check it out.

Worked for me.....

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012081
Mobile Version of Website