Replacement Pedals

PB Forum :: Beginners
Replacement Pedals
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2014 at 1:57 Quote
So i picked up a new specialized hardrock that I love, the only problem I have is the crappy nylon pedals that came on it have zero grip. So what I am wondering what would be the best bang for the the buck for replacement pedals?

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
Spank's are usually good and grippy (at least for me) and you can usually find a pair on the Buy/Sell page here at PB for $30 or under that are in good shape and have plenty of grip left on them. Primo pedals are another one I've had good luck with. They have lasted a good bit of time for me and I've always been able to pick them up for very cheap as well. Also Wellgo is good to look at. Wellgo is the manufacturer of a huge amount of the pedals out there you'll find no matter what brand name may be on them and their pedals are usually good quality and pretty cheap.

There are a lot of other options too but anything by those companies are probably going to do you just fine. Check out the Buy/Sell section just to see what is around over there. It will give you an idea of more options and you may find a good set of pedals for cheap.

Posted: Jul 23, 2014 at 19:48 Quote
Thanks! I had been seeing the wellgo and other ones and was just wary of the price. As I have gotten into my adult life I have found that there is usually a reason something is cheap, and since pedals keep you from fun ball injury by keeping you away from your top bar I didn't wanna buy something cheap that would fail. So that makes me feel better about a few of these.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 11:42 Quote
Ya man, I typically ride Primos or Wellgos and never have any issues with them and I am a big guy. They are as solid a pedal as you're going to find pretty much.

Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 19:37 Quote
good to hear. and the price is a lot better and more in the area of what my wife wont castrate me for(not that she would, she hasnt gotten her 4 kids) but its still annoying to hear her complain

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 12:43 Quote
Shoes can affect grip too. Materials, tread pattern and shape all contribute. Flat bottoms are best.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 20:12 Quote
yeah im in the process of looking for new shoes as well. I did get a set of cheaper metal pedals with nice grip and it was already night and day. I keep looking at just the cheap skate shoes at wal mart and the like. but haven't been able to find anything that feels remotely comfortable.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 20:22 Quote
a bit of birthday $ let me spring for 5.10's and it's so worth it, they make a HUGE difference on any pedal. I run 50/50's on one bike and kona jacksh!t's on another and they both feel locked in, I wouldn't say that either of those pedals are grip kings either compaired to some other stuff out there but with the 5.10's they're great

Posted: Aug 5, 2014 at 19:47 Quote
nice ill have to give them a look and see if anything catches my fancy

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007794
Mobile Version of Website