2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: May 3, 2016 at 16:43 Quote
makripper wrote:
steveo-dh wrote:
I would go saints if you broke your descendants, zee is pretty much a deore with steel pedal inserts.

Got a really good deal in 2015 glory 2 in a large. Swapped most of the parts over from my last bike, decided to try the wheels out. Sitting at 37.07 pounds thinking of getting a carbon bar next.
2015 glory 2 with upgraded parts
Glory 2 with upgraded parts
cheers man. I'll go for saints. Good point haha. Sick looking rig! What's in the fork and what wheels? Seems a bit high.

I have a mud guard on there. Its the giant wheels that come on the bike. I like a slightly higher front end, will give it a ride see how it feels

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 9:22 Quote
hey guys, I have a question about sizing. Are there any taller guys (I'm a hair under 6 foot) riding mediums? I'm not sure which size to get and most people would put me on a large, but I had a large demo (2012) last year and found it a little too long. the large glory has a longer reach but the medium is a huge step down. thoughts?

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 11:30 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:
hey guys, I have a question about sizing. Are there any taller guys (I'm a hair under 6 foot) riding mediums? I'm not sure which size to get and most people would put me on a large, but I had a large demo (2012) last year and found it a little too long. the large glory has a longer reach but the medium is a huge step down. thoughts?
I ride a medium and i'm 5 9 w longer arms. fits perfectly for me. The large glory fits more like an inbetween L and XL for most other companies where as the M from giant fits in between a M and an L. sounds like the Medium is your best bet. I think the reach difference is around 30mm? I mean, giant does fit an adjustable stem with it so that may help fine tune it.

Posted: May 7, 2016 at 15:32 Quote
makripper wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:
I ride a medium and i'm 5 9 w longer arms. fits perfectly for me. The large glory fits more like an inbetween L and XL for most other companies where as the M from giant fits in between a M and an L. sounds like the Medium is your best bet. I think the reach difference is around 30mm? I mean, giant does fit an adjustable stem with it so that may help fine tune it.

ended up going for the medium, went to a store and tried both the medium felt better, more agile and nimble. shorter bike is a lil better for jumping too and ill be riding whistler

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 12:00 Quote
anyone know the lower and top headset size for the glory, thanks

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:35 Quote
makripper wrote:
Zee or saint cranks on my glory? Can't decide. Haven't ridden either but broke my descendants.

Zees have been fine for me... at the price of zees here I can buy two for the price of one saint crankset (then i have to buy a chainring separately for the saint).

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:38 Quote
mike29 wrote:

https://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

ZS44/28.6 top
ZS56/30 bottom

that's what cane creek call it specifically - zero stack 44 top / 56 bottom.

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 14:56 Quote
DJR9000 wrote:
mike29 wrote:

https://www.canecreek.com/headset-fit-finder

ZS44/28.6 top
ZS56/30 bottom

that's what cane creek call it specifically - zero stack 44 top / 56 bottom.
Cheers buddy much appreciated!

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
acetasting1992 wrote:

183cm here or bang on 6'. A large works perfectly for me. I'm sure your M would work fine too

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 5:47 Quote
DJR9000 wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:

183cm here or bang on 6'. A large works perfectly for me. I'm sure your M would work fine too

It really is a huge size difference b/w M and L. Can you put a shorter stem on the L?

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 5:54 Quote
dasnakenyc wrote:
DJR9000 wrote:
acetasting1992 wrote:

It really is a huge size difference b/w M and L. Can you put a shorter stem on the L?
They come with adjustable stems. But yeah u can.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 7:18 Quote
makripper wrote:
dasnakenyc wrote:
DJR9000 wrote:

They come with adjustable stems. But yeah u can.

I'm 6 foot riding a large with a 40mm stem and I find it perfect!

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 10:46 Quote
I am about to buy a Glory Advanced 1. I am 1,86 tall and looking for the large size. But the seat tube lenght is 20inch. Does anyone think that this size is to big for a DH bike? I see Marcelo Gutierrez bike and see that he cut the SEAT tube realy small, the SEAT tube is big. You thay have large size frames are OK with that talk SEAT tube?

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 10:51 Quote
mudmandhbrazil wrote:
I am about to buy a Glory Advanced 1. I am 1,86 tall and looking for the large size. But the seat tube lenght is 20inch. Does anyone think that this size is to big for a DH bike? I see Marcelo Gutierrez bike and see that he cut the SEAT tube realy small, the SEAT tube is big. You thay have large size frames are OK with that talk SEAT tube?
i'm 1.75m and probably cut 80 to 100mm off my seat tube. My seat tube has about 95 to 100mm still sticking out of the seat tube. they come with very long seat posts!

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
makripper wrote:
mudmandhbrazil wrote:
i'm 1.75m and probably cut 80 to 100mm off my seat tube. My seat tube has about 95 to 100mm still sticking out of the seat tube. they come with very long seat posts!

I mean the seat tube of the bike. That in the Médium is 18 inches and in the large frame is 20 inches high. Looks to big for a DH bike. Seat post just cut no problem but the seat tube is impossible to cut

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019564
Mobile Version of Website