2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: May 16, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
mudmandhbrazil wrote:
makripper wrote:
mudmandhbrazil wrote:
I am about to buy a Glory Advanced 1. I am 1,86 tall and looking for the large size. But the seat tube lenght is 20inch. Does anyone think that this size is to big for a DH bike? I see Marcelo Gutierrez bike and see that he cut the SEAT tube realy small, the SEAT tube is big. You thay have large size frames are OK with that talk SEAT tube?
i'm 1.75m and probably cut 80 to 100mm off my seat tube. My seat tube has about 95 to 100mm still sticking out of the seat tube. they come with very long seat posts!

I mean the seat tube of the bike. That in the Médium is 18 inches and in the large frame is 20 inches high. Looks to big for a DH bike. Seat post just cut no problem but the seat tube is impossible to cut
nah its fine. LIke i said, I run my seatpost about 100mm inches high on my medium and i'm 1.75m i'm sure you'l be ok.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marcelo-gutierrezs-glory-advanced-275-bike-check-2015.html

marcelo has roughly 85mm of post showing

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 14:10 Quote
[Quote="makripper"]
mudmandhbrazil wrote:
makripper wrote:
i'm 1.75m and probably cut 80 to 100mm off my seat tube. My seat tube has about 95 to 100mm still sticking out of the seat tube. they come with very long seat posts!

I mean the seat tube of the bike. That in the Médium is 18 inches and in the large frame is 20 inches high. Looks to big for a DH bike. Seat post just cut no problem but the seat tube is impossible to cut
nah its fine. LIke i said, I run my seatpost about 100mm inches high on my medium and i'm 1.75m i'm sure you'l be ok.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/marcelo-gutierrezs-glory-advanced-275-bike-check-2015.html

marcelo has roughly 85mm of post showing[/Quott
thank you

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
[Quote="mudmandhbrazil"]
makripper wrote:
mudmandhbrazil wrote:

thank you
no worries. 18 seems off anyways. it feels more like 16.5 and the large is honestly so low you don't notice it either. probably close to 18.

Posted: May 16, 2016 at 14:37 Quote
[Quote="makripper"]
mudmandhbrazil wrote:
makripper wrote:

thank you
no worries. 18 seems off anyways. it feels more like 16.5 and the large is honestly so low you don't notice it either. probably close to 18.

I have a Demo 2010 size large size 18 inches is perfect for me for DH. I am afraid of a 20 inches frame size. Weird for me but the bike looks amazing. I also have a Reign 2016 size large 19 inches is perfect Enduro bike for me.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:26 Quote
Here is my stripped '15 Glory Size Large

photo

Having a hell of a time dialing in the suspension. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Right now I have a M/M tune Vivid with a 400lb coil

Front I had a 7.7nm spring in my Marzocchi 380, but recently swapped in a ti 5.5 spring. I wish I had a 6.5 spring honestly, I feel like that's one of the issues.

Another issue is I can't get along with the rear suspension. It feels too mushy. It's probably because I am used to my 5" trail bike, but I figured I'd see what else people suggest. I am 5-10 and 180lb geared up. Right now I have the comp pretty low and the rebound in the middle settings.

Thanks!

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:28 Quote
I had the same problem with the rear suspension! Ended up getting a float x2 and it feels loads better now

O+
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:29 Quote
mike29 wrote:
I had the same problem with the rear suspension! Ended up getting a float x2 and it feels loads better now

Coil or air?

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
only1mikey wrote:
mike29 wrote:

Coil or air?
float=air buddy! got 6 volume spacer in it and loving it!

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
only1mikey wrote:

photo

Having a hell of a time dialing in the suspension. Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Front I had a 7.7nm spring in my Marzocchi 380, but recently swapped in a ti 5.5 spring. I wish I had a 6.5 spring honestly, I feel like that's one of the issues.

Another issue is I can't get along with the rear suspension. It feels too mushy. It's probably because I am used to my 5" trail bike, but I figured I'd see what else people suggest. I am 5-10 and 180lb geared up. Right now I have the comp pretty low and the rebound in the middle settings.

Thanks!
same weight as me. go up to a 450lb spring and give the compression 1 or 2 more turns as well slow down the beginning stroke rebound because the 450 will naturally rebound a little quicker

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:47 Quote
only1mikey wrote:

photo

Thanks!

I have a medium glory carbon running a 300lb spring. im 5-9, 170 all geared up. compression is one click from full clockwise. The bike is great in the rocks but its mush on the tables. Especially steep tables where you need that pop. I am squatting down hard on the face on the jump and get no boost. Im gonna try a 350lb spring this weekend.

I'd be interested in how you 450lb spring works out.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 13:23 Quote
I'll order one right now. Anyone know what length I need of the top of their head?

I run a 450 on my trail bike and can bottom it out pretty good if I get too rowdy so that spring weight doesn't sounds unreasonable.

Now I Just gotta figure out the front end and I'll be dialed for the bike park.

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 14:59 Quote
only1mikey wrote:
I'll order one right now. Anyone know what length I need of the top of their head?

I run a 450 on my trail bike and can bottom it out pretty good if I get too rowdy so that spring weight doesn't sounds unreasonable.

Now I Just gotta figure out the front end and I'll be dialed for the bike park.
it's a 3.00 stroke shock. I bottomed it less often and went through all the travel nicely. the suspension is extremely active. I got a vivid air m/l tune and was able to put some volume spacers in so it has nice ramp up and a bottemless feel yet still keep it's awesome tracking characteristics. I was pretty confused by the spring weight to be honest. My demo 8 before had a medium tune and a 400lb spring. stock spring was 350 on my medium glory... they take time to dial in, once you have it, holy shit do they go!

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 2:50 Quote
Just got my self an glory advanced and considering changeing the rear shock. If I understood right the rear shock is 9,5x3"?

Not sure if im going with the fox float dhx2 or the vivid air, any one running these shocks on their glory?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2016 at 7:58 Quote
Xantim wrote:
Just got my self an glory advanced and considering changeing the rear shock. If I understood right the rear shock is 9,5x3"?

Not sure if im going with the fox float dhx2 or the vivid air, any one running these shocks on their glory?

I'm feeling the same way. Anyone run a CCBD Coil?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:00 Quote
2016 giant glory

love the vivid air R2C on it. add some volume spacers to get ride of the tiny bit of mid travel wallow and gives a better bottom out ramp up curve.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014646
Mobile Version of Website