2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 12:09 Quote
gclarida wrote:
That was me. Ill be in the park today continuing my tuning. Ill write down my settings and post it here, Just a heads up I like a slower rebound so take it with a grain of salt. Ive been all over the lower mountain on whistler with it so far and the way I have it set it rides very composed with a ton of mid stroke support. A large improvement over the SRAM poo.

Glad it's not just me. I though I would like the Vivid coil cause I though the Monarch Debonair I had on my trail bike was a pretty awesome air shock for what it was, but I could never get along with the Vivid. Can't wait to try the CCDB at the bike park! Just gotta heal up!

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 16:49 Quote
Anyone know if the 2015 glory 2's (blue and orange) are anodized like the glory 0's? I want to strip the paint back and leave the frame all black

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 17:29 Quote
The frame is painted. The linkage is anodized. I ended up using paint stripper on mine and left it raw. Quite a bitch of a job too.

Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 23:45 Quote
Thanks man, might have to get the black vinyl out to cover up that orange and blue mess

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 1:22 Quote
gclarida wrote:
Xantim wrote:
Hey,

Just mounted my ccdb and was looking for a tune but CC doesnt have one on their website, just a base tune. Anyone have any recommended settings for a ccdb on a giant glory 27,5?

That was me. Ill be in the park today continuing my tuning. Ill write down my settings and post it here, Just a heads up I like a slower rebound so take it with a grain of salt. Ive been all over the lower mountain on whistler with it so far and the way I have it set it rides very composed with a ton of mid stroke support. A large improvement over the SRAM poo.

Sweet, ill wait for your tune then! Going to whistler in august for 4 weeks Smile

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 3:05 Quote
Giant Glory all set for Morzine Currently weighing in at 34.53lbs.
Loving my glory now with the float x2 after a couple of uplifts with it, so much better than the vivid r2c coil I had.

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 15:17 Quote
New wheels on

I've just mounted same wheelset tubeless but on Continentals Der Barons! Gonna test them at Antur Stiniog tomorrow.

How do you find the shock? Do you mind throwing a little comparison between this and Vivid R2C? I'am thinking about getting it too. I've heard the Float X2 actually comes with different tunes, but the coil X2 only has one tune.

Posted: Jun 18, 2016 at 15:51 Quote
jankesdh wrote:
New wheels on

I've just mounted same wheelset tubeless but on Continentals Der Barons! Gonna test them at Antur Stiniog tomorrow.

How do you find the shock? Do you mind throwing a little comparison between this and Vivid R2C? I'am thinking about getting it too. I've heard the Float X2 actually comes with different tunes, but the coil X2 only has one tune.
http://m.pinkbike.com/news/pinkbike-awards-2015-suspension-product-of-the-year-winner.html

Posted: Jun 25, 2016 at 14:16 Quote
Does anyone know if a 9.5x3 CCDB from a 2016 Aurum will fit? Dimensions are the same just wondering about the mounting eyelets/holes.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 8:30 Quote
I had to take a hand reamer to the lower eyelet on my CCDB

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 8:35 Quote
only1mikey wrote:
I had to take a hand reamer to the lower eyelet on my CCDB

Any idea the dimension difference? Probably pretty small

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 8:47 Quote
1mm I wanna say off to top of my head. Only took about 10 minutes to do, just had so source the right sized reamer.

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 8:53 Quote
Got it. I'm guessing 12mm to 12.7mm.

O+
Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 9:34 Quote
Looking at the old MTBR threads from my history and Cane Creek website, I think I had to go from 14.7mm to 15mm.

http://forums.mtbr.com/giant/help-ccdb-coil-shock-glory-804517.html

http://www.canecreek.com/tech-center/suspension/faq

I ended up purchasing an older CCDB which had the 14.7mm if my memory serves me right.

Posted: Jun 27, 2016 at 10:07 Quote
would anyone be able to tell me the sizing for the shock mounting hardware ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019402
Mobile Version of Website