2015 Giant Glory 27,5

PB Forum :: Giant
2015 Giant Glory 27,5
Posted: Oct 2, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
Guys, I'm 171cm - Just over 5 foot 7. I have short legs (30Inch).

The small Glory (27.5) looks good compared to my Heckler re: geo. Any short-arses like me with a small? Is it good?

Cheers

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 9:04 Quote
Monarch87 wrote:
Hello there! I am considering buying a Glory 27,5" at this point and am interested in the frame weights. Did someone in here weigh the frame only? Interested in the carbon and the alloy version. Thanks for your help!

Frame weight for alu size large with headset cups and shock mounting hardware is 3735g.

Posted: Oct 17, 2016 at 16:05 Quote
saski wrote:
Monarch87 wrote:
Hello there! I am considering buying a Glory 27,5" at this point and am interested in the frame weights. Did someone in here weigh the frame only? Interested in the carbon and the alloy version. Thanks for your help!

Frame weight for alu size large with headset cups and shock mounting hardware is 3735g.

And i haven't weighed it but the press at the time the bike was released was stating around 250g of weight saved in the carbon version, so that puts it around 3500g. Not a big difference

Posted: Oct 19, 2016 at 10:18 Quote
saski wrote:
Monarch87 wrote:

I'm 5'8 and on a medium. You can go either or, I suggest trying both sizes at a shop. I used to be on smalls, since moving to medium I wouldn't go back.

Posted: Nov 22, 2016 at 15:24 Quote
Maybe you need this, not to experience what I just did. One of the bolts coming loose and damage the frame. Shame on Giant not to put this information on the frame or on they`re website on such a critical issue.
photo

Posted: Nov 23, 2016 at 1:02 Quote
Thanks, I always wonder waht the torque specs are. After one of the bolts came loose a few times I just use loctite and tighten them well.

Posted: Dec 2, 2016 at 12:01 Quote
Which bearings are on the 2015 glory AM-2 hubs?

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 at 22:43 Quote
Hey can you tell me the shock size for the 27.5 Glory ?

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 5:20 Quote
hey guys i just replaced the 14 bearings in my glory 2015 frame. buuut i forgot wich spacers went where. can any one provide me with some information??

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 10:55 Quote
teddy89 wrote:
hey guys i just replaced the 14 bearings in my glory 2015 frame. buuut i forgot wich spacers went where. can any one provide me with some information??

maybe this picture helps
Frame Expanded View

save it to your computer, zoom it out. It is readeable Razz it`s the best I have, anyway

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
thx mate this is the old glory i found this one online

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 at 14:01 Quote
teddy89 wrote:
thx mate this is the old glory i found this one online

Yeah, but the bolts and spacers are the same.
Listen, this are my spare bolts from the top part between the swingarm, maestro link and the frame. The one in the left it`s the bolt between the swingarm and maestro link ( with a black spacers between them ) the one in the middle it`s the central one between the maestro link and the frame, and the one in the left it`s the one between the maestro link and the shoock ( in have 2 thin silver spacers at the extremities, and 2 wider black spacers to the center )
photo
this picure show the first bolt and it`s spacer ( between swingarm and maestro link, 1 on each side ) put the spacer between the 2 parts
photo
this are the black spacers beween shock and maestro link - you will put also the 2 silver ones at the extremities there )

If you manage to put these on the bike, the bottom ones will be very easy to install - you can t put them wrong, 2 bolts with different diameters. Also , check the frame expanded view image, it s very helpful.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026280
Mobile Version of Website