An app to track your trails ?

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
An app to track your trails ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 25, 2014 at 7:45 Quote
Hey ! I'm new here, so I'm gonna introduce myself. I live in france and pratice Mountain Bike with an hardtail bike (RockRider 8.0), kind of cross county. I ride aout 50km with 700+ elvation two times a week.

Do you know the best app to track your trails on your phone ? I'm using MapMyRun right now but I'm not satisfied..

Thanks ! Smile

FL
Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 8:16 Quote
You can try the Strava app. But if you really want to accurately record ride information you should invest in a GPS

Posted: Jul 26, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
I use Endomondo and Strava for my rides with my Blackberry Z10. Been accurate to 1m or less which is the same as my Garmin GPS. Depends on your phone whether or not you have integrated GPS. Many phones that state having GPS actually don't. They use cell triangulation.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 4:45 Quote
I use Strava and its quite motivating to see yourself improving on times. I hope its pretty accurate because I feel fitter and faster but beware of cheats. I gave everything on a trial and got ranked 36/250. However, someone still managed to do it 20 seconds faster than me!

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 5:09 Quote
Rigaud wrote:
I use Endomondo and Strava for my rides with my Blackberry Z10. Been accurate to 1m or less which is the same as my Garmin GPS. Depends on your phone whether or not you have integrated GPS. Many phones that state having GPS actually don't. They use cell triangulation.

Yep, my Samsung Galaxy S5 is extremely accurate. I often go hiking, biking, kayaking with others who have dedicated GPS units and my tracks are always nearly identical even in terms of elevation gain.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009845
Mobile Version of Website