Car suggestions!

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Car suggestions!
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 2:15 Quote
I think what DriftJunkie is getting at is that it's just easier and more convenient with a truck. I have owned an MK2 GTI, MK3 GTI and an MK3 Jetta. Now I own a 2011 F150. When I had my cars I had to put a roof rack on and if there were more than 2 people then getting everyone's gear packed in was tough. Everyone was crammed in there and it was uncomfortable. Now we just throw our bikes on top of the tail gate, throw the gear in the back and I can seat 5 people comfortably. Even my escape can be too small sometimes and it's an SUV. For me personally, a truck is worth the hit on gas mileage.

I noticed you're a BMXer. When I use to BMX the only gear I had was my helmet. Now that I mountain bike I carry full pads, full face helmet and a hydrapack. X3+ guys who wear full body armour and a hatchback is nowhere near enough room.

Posted: Aug 23, 2014 at 5:27 Quote
I'm going to say this because it's the truth, mk3's are shit for space. My mk4's had 4 clothing bags for around 5 days worth of clothes (to give you a size estimate) 3 gear bags with elbow/shin pads and leatt's, 3 helmet bags (incase you didn't see I too wear full faces......) a tool box and a bike stand. Now, that being said the mk4 golfs have a lot more room than the mk3's. And im not talking out the ass here because my dad has a mk3 and it makes the 4's look like an SUV for space. Lol

And Thule bike racks are pretty easy to throw a bike on too Razz

But honestly, cars are so much cheaper in the long run. Trucks are useless unless you have shit to haul around on a weekly basis. For what it's worth a 5000 dollar (modern) hatch has enough room until you plan on taking 5 people... Only then did we ever find it got to be squishy, but we did it okay.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
DriftJunkie wrote:
Bmxerch wrote:
Captain obvious statement much? It's a truck... Did you expect it to carry less or something ? lol

Our Passat wagon would hold just as much stuff as our Ram 1500 did... And would do so on half the fuel costs. Without a bike rack we could throw 4 bikes, 6 bags of a fair size, pillows etc. AND 4 people. Not bad for a car.

Sure a truck can "store" more, but a bike rack and hatchback make things just as easy. Lol

My point is that he might have more than one person's stuff to haul around.

Which is more than easily accomplished with a hatchback, eg, GTI.

For me, by myself? Sure. Or even with a friend.

But if I want to go riding with three our four of my buddies? No way. It's not a problem with my F150 SuperCrew, though.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 15:49 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
I think what DriftJunkie is getting at is that it's just easier and more convenient with a truck. I have owned an MK2 GTI, MK3 GTI and an MK3 Jetta. Now I own a 2011 F150. When I had my cars I had to put a roof rack on and if there were more than 2 people then getting everyone's gear packed in was tough. Everyone was crammed in there and it was uncomfortable. Now we just throw our bikes on top of the tail gate, throw the gear in the back and I can seat 5 people comfortably. Even my escape can be too small sometimes and it's an SUV. For me personally, a truck is worth the hit on gas mileage.

I noticed you're a BMXer. When I use to BMX the only gear I had was my helmet. Now that I mountain bike I carry full pads, full face helmet and a hydrapack. X3+ guys who wear full body armour and a hatchback is nowhere near enough room.

Exactly.

For the record, love "hot hatches" and would be happy to have a Ford Fiesta ST for my next vehicle.

Unless there's an Australian here who will ship me a Falcon GT Boss 335, of course.

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 17:29 Quote
4 guys, 4 bikes on the rack (same as the box of a truck in my eyes.. Bike rack took 2 minutes to do up which is no big deal, 4 gear bags and 4 "sporting" sized bags with 3 days of clothes. With room to spare... Maybe I pack better than most but... LOL. If I can do it, anyone can. I use a roof rack but that's the same as using a truck box in my eyes, cheating all the way around Razz

And bmx has more to it tbh, I too wear a full face, Leatt, leathers, elbow pads and knee pads (TLD Lopes when I wear shorts, G-form all others) goggles, clueless shoes...

If it was park, well there's knee pads, elbow pads, and a bucket...

Sure a truck has more room, but think about the big picture. Less fuel, less insurance, less showing off for the case of your manhood lol

I'm selling a golf by the way, 1000-1200 city km per tank... You know you want it. Whoever wants it Razz

Turning the other golf into a diesel racecar. Vroom vroom.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012268
Mobile Version of Website