Show your Giant Faith!

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Show your Giant Faith!
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 5:39 Quote
Rider1223 wrote:
math-05stp wrote:
well here is my faith at its final stage....... (ok only if i found some cash i will put a fatbar carbon)

new wheel set (hope pro 2 on 823)
front and rear wheel are in... mavic 823 on red hope pro 2

Hey, I see that you have a titanium coil on the rear shock. Is that coil a 2.75" or were you able to fit a 3.0" on it?

its a 2.75 and its the max you can go with this shock... the shock is a 2.5 and came from the factory with a 2.75 spring

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
hi guys,

I have a 2012 Giant Faith and was wanting to make it a bit more pedal friendly as the trails I ride needs to be ridden to. I have used it up at Whistler a few times in the park...bit of a punishment with the domain rc fork.

Would putting in a wider range rear cassette and a 32t vs a 36t front chain ring help much? Just by comparison, looking at some of the All Mountain/Enduro configs, some have the single chain ring up front with a wider gear range in the rear.

Any thoughts or suggestion?

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 11:29 Quote
Gearing selection is subject to a lot of variables, like rider strength and typical trails you would ride. Pick something you think might work for you and give it a go. Buying a 32 ring can be a cheap swap. I'd start with that. What cassette are you running? I'm assuming it's probably something like an 11-32 spread? A moderately strong rider can still tackle some reasonable climbs with a 32 ring and 11-32 cassette. Only if you're looking too tackle some more serious, technical climbs would I personally bother with a wider range than 11-32. The thing about wider range is the costs will add up. To go 11-36, unless I'm mistaken, you'd need to buy a whole new cassette. I don't know if your bike is 9 or 10 speed, but if it is 9 speed, the wide range cassettes are all 10, so you'd need to replace your whole drivetrain (derailuer, chain, shifter).

Try the 32 chain ring to start. See where that gets you.

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 11:58 Quote
I have a 10spd cassette so that probably would be my best bet. Spread out the gearing selection a bit.

I had a look at the front ring setup again and I am at the lowest 34T on the chain guide. Won't be able to do a 32 without some added expenses. There went the cheap route! But I still have the option of swapping out the cassette. I do have a trail bike that I use to ride xc and most of the trails in my area (Norco Fluid 3 with 150mm revelation fork, custom cockpit setup, and tubeless tires).

My other thought was to sell it as I do have a trail bike and a DH rig. My intention was to sell the faith but then the thought to have something a bit burlier than the trail bike kicked in and you know where that went! If the faith is more pedal friendly, I would rather that vs a trail bike...more freedom to point the bike towards sketchier trails.

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 2:20 Quote
hi,
want to try a cane creek angle set(1.5°)with a tapered totem .Would a ZS44 | ZS56 be the right choice
.I own a 2010 faith.Shall i switch the top and buttom head cups.
I m totally lost and can't find right information.
mika

Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 16:58 Quote
from cane creek i don't know which one you need but from work component this is the one http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/15-degree-ec44---zs56---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-forks-138-p.asp

Posted: Nov 5, 2014 at 17:01 Quote
hey guys, im new here! so i'm still riding a 2005 giant faith 2. and im looking around for a chain guide...but im not sure which iscg mounting style to order? an iscg 05 or old?

Posted: Nov 6, 2014 at 2:48 Quote
barnsey90 wrote:
hey guys, im new here! so i'm still riding a 2005 giant faith 2. and im looking around for a chain guide...but im not sure which iscg mounting style to order? an iscg 05 or old?
old/03

Posted: Nov 11, 2014 at 7:57 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
for the newer model its a M/M tune
finally I got Vivid Air 2014, though its M|L. Will that work fine or should I search for low compression M already and replace it right after I got the shock?

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 3:44 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
from cane creek i don't know which one you need but from work component this is the one http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/15-degree-ec44---zs56---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-forks-138-p.asp

thanks for your help,
did you set this one on yours?does it really improve DH skills.I only use my faith for jumping and it's great(a local spot with a lot of jumps,pretty big and tchnical) i'd like to know it's worth and if it really improves the bike for downhill?

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 15:39 Quote
i don't have angle set becuse i got and overdrive 2 steerer on my totem but if il be able i would have one.... i don't know if you are but start by putting the dropout that slack the head angle a bit...

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 21:47 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
i don't have angle set becuse i got and overdrive 2 steerer on my totem but if il be able i would have one.... i don't know if you are but start by putting the dropout that slack the head angle a bit...
AFAIK overdrive 2 steerer was used on last edition of Giant faith with marzocchi. Faith with Totems in stock are using Overdrive 1 - regular tappered

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 22:50 Quote
borodator wrote:
math-05stp wrote:
AFAIK overdrive 2 steerer was used on last edition of Giant faith with marzocchi. Faith with Totems in stock are using Overdrive 1 - regular tappered

overdrive 2 was use on almost every bike giant was making in 2012-2014 they got back to standard overdrive in 2015

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 23:35 Quote
math-05stp wrote:
borodator wrote:
math-05stp wrote:

overdrive 2 was use on almost every bike giant was making in 2012-2014 they got back to standard overdrive in 2015
It was used on almost all bikes, though Faith frame wasn't modified for it. Frame staid overdrive 1. Only marzocchi 66 fork with stem and headset was adapted. Bike with totem staid overdrive. Take some measurements

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021540
Mobile Version of Website