Freeride or enduro bike

PB Forum :: Beginners
Freeride or enduro bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 2:01 Quote
Hello,
So next year I will be buying a new bike. It's for shure that it will be full suspension, however I still don't know wich one to buy. I live in a city with great trails and really strong downhill scene, but to get to those trails (and return home) I need to climb alot (total time spent climbing in one ride is about 1/4 to 1/2, plus pretty decent amount of flat parts. first bike is Commencal VTT SUPREME FR V3 (180mm) and second is Commencal VTT META AM 3 (150mm), third is again Commencal (really great prices in outlet)VTT SUPREME DH 2(200mm). Im 100% shure that I will continue to run clipless (maybe stupid on freeride bike). Also I own hardtail xc bike.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 2:03 Quote
Dorianl98 wrote:
Hello,
So next year I will be buying a new bike. It's for shure that it will be full suspension, however I still don't know wich one to buy. I live in a city with great trails and really strong downhill scene, but to get to those trails (and return home) I need to climb alot (total time spent climbing in one ride is about 1/4 to 1/2, plus pretty decent amount of flat parts. first bike is Commencal VTT SUPREME FR V3 (180mm) and second is Commencal VTT META AM 3 (150mm), third is again Commencal (really great prices in outlet)VTT SUPREME DH 2(200mm). Im 100% shure that I will continue to run clipless (maybe stupid on freeride bike). Also I own hardtail xc bike.

Commencal Meta SX. Done.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:19 Quote
groeit wrote:
Dorianl98 wrote:
Hello,

Commencal Meta SX. Done.

So, you think that this bike will serve the best?

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
I'd agree with groeit, the Meta SX will fit all your needs. It's going to pedal much better than the longer travel more DH oriented options you were looking at which you will greatly appreciate if 25%+ of your rides are uphill as you stated. The Meta AM 3 would probably be okay for your needs too.

Posted: Aug 9, 2014 at 20:41 Quote
YT Capra is also awesome;

But there is a bike I saw which not only has the suspension lock for uphill but also you're able to change the geo of it with 1 click on the cockpit while riding; i can't seem to find it but its AWESOME.

Posted: Aug 9, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
https://www.canyon.com/_pl/mountainbikes/series/strive-cf.html Found it! Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032628
Mobile Version of Website