Ring finger Sore and pain from riding street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Ring finger Sore and pain from riding street
  • Previous Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 13:40 Quote
I recently got a new 24 street.
when riding it all my finger feels Unusual fatigue. and after week or so my left ring finger starting feel pain and sore.

feels like I'm over pressured my finger. Especially when bunny hop. but the bike is much lighter than my old one, and much shorter. And it don't have break on it, so I grip with all my finger. it doesn't make sens I would use much more power.
it's been like this over a month now.

dose any one have this sort pain? should I be aware?

I use deity bar witch is same angle as my old bar, also a deity bar.
same grip on my old bike.
a old glove about to get changed.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 14:36 Quote
It's ll you then. You are doing something different with how you are holding on. My only suggestion would be to keep in mind that you need to relax your grip and focus on when the stress is happening.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 15:56 Quote
ricar wrote:
It's ll you then. You are doing something different with how you are holding on. My only suggestion would be to keep in mind that you need to relax your grip and focus on when the stress is happening.
but don't ring finger a weird place to get this much stressed? and only on my left hand. and same bar angle as my old bike.
there are few trials rider told me they had same pain when they start riding trials, but the pain go away. mine doesn't seem to going any where.

I will try focus on relaxing my grip. give it some time to see if it gets any better.

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 12:17 Quote
is the angle of your bars how you normally ride? maybe try tipping them back ??

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 13:29 Quote
gnarcotic wrote:
is the angle of your bars how you normally ride? maybe try tipping them back ??

I started bit lean back, and tipping them forward bit by bit.
coz it's sooooo short. it's a dartmoor ghetto frame.
that's why I'm hoping some one had same problem and know why.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 3:39 Quote
I think one of my mates had a similar pain with the bars tilted too far forward. Tilt them back for a week and see how it feels.

Yes those frames are short, I love short frames, but you could maybe try a shorter fork if you want a longer feel.

However it will drop your bb height and change the head angle too. You will get used to it in time though, short frames are mad fun.

You can also try a higher bar/ stem setup if you are feeling cramped. Post a pic of your bike, ghettos look sick.

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
I get something similar, it feels a bit like arthritis. I just man up and take it to be honest. Although some softer grips might help

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 0:16 Quote
gnarcotic wrote:
I think one of my mates had a similar pain with the bars tilted too far forward. Tilt them back for a week and see how it feels.

Yes those frames are short, I love short frames, but you could maybe try a shorter fork if you want a longer feel.

However it will drop your bb height and change the head angle too. You will get used to it in time though, short frames are mad fun.

You can also try a higher bar/ stem setup if you are feeling cramped. Post a pic of your bike, ghettos look sick.

dartmoor ghetto 2013 first build. 24 only . rockshox argyle rct - lower to 80. dartmoor hub and rim. Pillar spoke. dartmoor FLARE crank. dartmoor Trance chain ring. SDG I-beam post. deity bar and seat. truvativ hussefelt stem. Odyssey Twisted plastic pedal. KMC half link chain. Tioga power block tyre.

dartmoor ghetto 2013 first build. 24 only . -- bar angle

I'm going for purple ring, but out of stock.

it does feel bit weird at 80 travel.
but since it's new, and I don't like too short suspension, I'm keeping this travel for now.
NS bike MJ price sky rocketed recently , otherwise I was going for a NS MJ

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 0:17 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
I get something similar, it feels a bit like arthritis. I just man up and take it to be honest. Although some softer grips might help

so it doesn't get any better with bar adjusted or frame changed?
I don't feel this when I was riding STP, strange.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 0:50 Quote
coolorochi wrote:
grumpysteve wrote:

so it doesn't get any better with bar adjusted or frame changed?
I don't feel this when I was riding STP, strange.
The stp is probably a more comfortable riding position than the ghetto. I think it's to do with your weight being further forward so you put more strain on your hands (due to the higher bb). I noticed I always hold on really tight, and I like thin grips. I've never owned a comfortable bike so I've got nothing to compare it to. I know I don't get it when I ride the wife's bike, but I've pretty much always had it. I rode bmx for years then went to 24 and still had it on that. I'm currently building a 26 so the extra length may help. I found taking breaks during riding helped a lot, but it gave me really clicky knuckles

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 0:51 Quote
The bike looks really nice btw Smile

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 1:39 Quote
I addition to what grumpysteve said, you can maybe try a 50mm stem if you want more length. And you can try moving your stem higher up, to compensate for the extra bb height.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 10:13 Quote
I found sometimes my callouses would get big enough to cause pain at that joint.

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 10:46 Quote
gnarcotic wrote:

yeah, i agree. experiment with handlebar tilt and height. the dartmoor website says the ghetto has a -24mm bb drop. i guess that means 24mm bb rise (with an 80mm travel fork). so, you may be standing taller on this frame, which makes your bars feel lower. taller bars may bring you back to a "normal" feeling.

http://dartmoor-bikes.com/hardware/frames/ghetto

Posted: Aug 4, 2014 at 11:20 Quote
i Had sore fingers for months and then took the ring off and after a couple weeks the pain went away.. the wife doesnt like it but I ride every day and cant deal with that annoying pain in my finger all day.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013672
Mobile Version of Website